Thread: This "Worm"

Default This "Worm"

Is this mold on a waxworm??? I went to gut load worms for my Leo and this dead part green thing was on top. It is the only one like that. Should I throw them all away and get new ones? My gecko ate some wax worms yesterday and the day before because I'm trying to get his weight back up after illness. This is the first I have seen this before. Should I report it to the store I got them from? What should I do about these worms and what caused it? Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Geck-cessories
    Professor

This may be a waxwork that's going to become a wax moth. It's not mold. Think very carefully, though, as to whether you want to end up with a leo that only wants to eat waxworms. Your leo would benefit more from eating healthy food (mealworms, crickets, roaches, etc). Ideally he will get a variety of these and his weight should come up in good time.

Aliza

Quote Originally Posted by acpart View Post
    This may be a waxwork that's going to become a wax moth. It's not mold. Think very carefully, though, as to whether you want to end up with a leo that only wants to eat waxworms. Your leo would benefit more from eating healthy food (mealworms, crickets, roaches, etc). Ideally he will get a variety of these and his weight should come up in good time.

Aliza
    Thanks youp. And I am giving his meal worms mainly but I few waxworms also for weight gain. But I'm making his eat meal worms to get any waxworms.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Thread Information