Default Gecko won't eat mealworms with vitamin supplement

My leo is about 5 months old and he's at a healthy weight. He always eats his meal worms (normally 3 to 5 at a time) and I've always dusted them with powders. At my local pet care store, they only had liquid vitamins and I saw nothing wrong with it, so I bought it (Flukers). Now, he isn't even touching his food. He looked at it, licked it, then walked away. He's still moving around, drinking, and behaving like normal. I don't know when I'll be able to get the powder again and I'm worried he might get ill. I know their very resilient creatures, but I want to keep him in good health as he's still a juvi. Anyone have a similar experience/advice?

Geck-cessories
    Professor

Do you mean that you started putting liquid vitamins on the mealworms, or that you don't have powder at this point, or that you got powder again after using the liquid and the gecko doesn't like it? It would be helpful to clarify. There are geckos that won't eat feeders that have been dusted. If that's the problem, then maybe once a week you could dip your finger in water, then dip it in the powder and rub some on the gecko's mouth for it to lick off.

Aliza

Quote Originally Posted by acpart View Post
    Do you mean that you started putting liquid vitamins on the mealworms, or that you don't have powder at this point, or that you got powder again after using the liquid and the gecko doesn't like it? It would be helpful to clarify. There are geckos that won't eat feeders that have been dusted. If that's the problem, then maybe once a week you could dip your finger in water, then dip it in the powder and rub some on the gecko's mouth for it to lick off.

Aliza
    ive run out of powder vitamins and began using liquid vits and i dont think he likes it. hes always been fine with dusting, its just the liquid vits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information