Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Concerned

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Aurora View Post
    As long as you were supplementing when she was eating, I think that vitamins is probably not the issue. I honestly have a lot more trouble with geckos shedding when they are kept in tanks as opposed to tubs due to lower humidity in general (I also live in a very dry climate which does not help). One thing I have done with success is putting the gecko in a sealed plastic container with wet paper towels in the bottom when I notice signs of shedding. I GENTLY heat the container by placing it on the warm side where the warm hide would be until it is nice and steamy in there. I let the gecko stay in there for about 20 minutes, being careful not to let it get too hot in the sealed container. I repeat this as many times as I want until the geckos has shed. If I catch the gecko in the middle of shed I will put it in the container. I think this works a better than warm baths. You can also try moving her humid hide closer to the heat pad so it gets steamier in there. You can even replace the warm hide with the humid hide during shedding.
    Good ideas, Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by acpart View Post
    I have a lot of geckos that don't eat for weeks. There's one that was losing weight so I'm doing some assisted feeding, but if they're not losing a lot of weight, I don't worry, especially with ovulating females at this time of the year.

Aliza
    So when do they produce eggs? My leo isn't right now, her belly is soft and there are no pink spots... Is it possible for Leo's to ovulate and not produce eggs?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Geck-cessories
    Professor

Yes, nearly all female geckos ovulate and for the most part, if there is no male fertilization, the "eggs" are just reabsorbed. On rare occasions, whatever you call the thing that's ovulating turns into an (infertile) egg in the absence of male fertilization. Non-breeding females will, for the most part, ovulate for awhile (don't know exactly how long) and then it will be over.

Aliza

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information