Voters
181. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dubia Roaches

138 76.24%
  • Crickets

43 23.76%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by grboxa View Post
    you guys are lucky. illegal for me to own these guys. I only feed crickets one night out of the week...there disgusting.
    What would your gecko say if he heard you talking that way about his food
    All insects are disgusting to me.

The roaches in every way are superior to crickets, nutrrition, care, no noise or smell. The only downfall might be if they dont like them but that can be worked around also.
    Specializing in rare reptiles and bulk lots of Blaptica dubia as well as other species to the trade and large collections. Include phone number when responding. Digby Rigby balboa28279@mypacks.net

Senior Member Sophomore Dimidiata's Avatar

Im trying supers and mealies with vitamin and gutloading to the (safest) max. Im absolutely still done with crickets, and im being lazy in the respect of starting a native roach coloney.
    Please, please tell me what they looked like,
    Did they seem afraid of you?
    They were kids that I once knew..

Name: samuel jackson.

I think I might have found a solution to people in Florida. The Discoid roach is nearly identical to the Dubia, but is legal in Florida. Supposedly it is because they are native there (Don't live in Florida so didn't look into it too closely).

I kinda prefer the roaches....when I was little I had caught this cricket....And I was talking and....it jumped into my mouth =X

With roaches that can't happen...nor will I have one jump into my hair...or my pants...

Senior Member Sophomore Dimidiata's Avatar

Hmm, intresting roach. Now i just need to get some. One issue i see is that it would really suck if they decide this roach is no longer introduced and is now invasive. It was recently switched to introduced so its a hot topic for florida rep and invert keepers from what i read. If i can get my hands on some ill post.
    Please, please tell me what they looked like,
    Did they seem afraid of you?
    They were kids that I once knew..

Name: samuel jackson.

Senior Member Freshman PhatSprinter's Avatar

When I got my first gecko a year ago, I swore I would never get roaches. Now, after seeing all (cough) ten of my leos go after them, I will forever have them available.

Mean Old Gecko Lady Professor Golden Gate Geckos's Avatar

Dubia roaches do not stink, to not 'chirp', do not climb, give live birth, and the babies eat the frass of the adults. A perfect feeder IMO.

GULFCOASTGECKOS Sophomore scm133's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dimidiata View Post
    Hmm, intresting roach. Now i just need to get some. One issue i see is that it would really suck if they decide this roach is no longer introduced and is now invasive. It was recently switched to introduced so its a hot topic for florida rep and invert keepers from what i read. If i can get my hands on some ill post.
    Try
    http://www.gregsexoticinverts.com/
    They show which are legal in Florida. (:

Having only one leo, how fast do these roaches breed? I don't want to be overrun with them.

And I know someone is going to say I can solve that problem by getting more leos..ha-ha.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information