Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default *Would anyone be interested? Nd serious HELP*

Hey guys, This is probably a shot in the dark but I thought it was worth a try to ask anyways....I hade posted another thread on here talking about my baby albino gecko named Wiggles that was pretty siick...Well he has since gotten worse...I think he is going to die any day now and I'm absolutely heart broken...

I was wondering if anyone might be interested in taking in my little guy to see if they could save him?.....I doubt anyone would want a sick Gecko in their home but I had to ask anyway because I feel soo hopeless and Love this little guy a lot....

I have already taken him to the vet and it didn't really help much so I thought maybe someone here could help me?...Maybe I'm wrong but I had to try anyway....Thx for your time guys....

Geck-cessories
    Professor

It would be good to know where you live since obviously you wouldn't want to ship him in that condition. Also consider that moving may not be good for him. Another choice is to care for him as best as you can and get lots of support from us in making him as comfortable as you can.

ALiza

Quote Originally Posted by acpart View Post
    It would be good to know where you live since obviously you wouldn't want to ship him in that condition. Also consider that moving may not be good for him. Another choice is to care for him as best as you can and get lots of support from us in making him as comfortable as you can.

ALiza
    I live in Madera Ca...Its about 25 mns from Fresno....I do realise that moving him might not be the best thing for him but I have do do something because at this rate I feel like I'm just watching him slowly die...I am trying to care for him the best I can, I'm just wondering if someone with more experience with Geckos might be able to help him more than I am....I would be willing to work out something with a little cash for helping me....

53 views no replies?....Come on guys....

Member Freshman

I'd love to help but I live in Canada... have you tried slurry? So sorry about your little guy.

EDIT: Here's some herp vet links in California I googled. Maybe one will take him on a payment plan, even if it's to euthanize him.

http://www.herpvetconnection.com/calif.shtml
    http://www.herpvetdirectory.com/vet/CA.html
    http://www.anapsid.org/vets/califs.html

Good luck
    Last edited by RyanJ; 05-14-2009 at 12:49 AM.

Same here, Im from the UK.
    Sorry, but best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJ View Post
    I'd love to help but I live in Canada... have you tried slurry? So sorry about your little guy.

EDIT: Here's some herp vet links in California I googled. Maybe one will take him on a payment plan, even if it's to euthanize him.

http://www.herpvetconnection.com/calif.shtml
    http://www.herpvetdirectory.com/vet/CA.html
    http://www.anapsid.org/vets/califs.html

Good luck
    Thx for the links...Yes we have tryed the slurry...I dont think he liked it too much...He really likes Vanilla Ensure...The last few days I've been giving him ensure with a few wax worm guts and a little calcium powder...He will actually lick a little of that...He has seemed to liven up a little the past 2 days, but he is sooo skinny....I just don't know how long he can hang on like that...

Member Freshman

Canada as well...but I couldn't view and not post given the circumstances.

I think giving him away for help is good, but I think you shouldn't give up. There are a lot of caring and knowledgable people on this forum that have given great advice. I think you just need to sit down and try to research and implement the advice given. I have a leo that I was stressing over because I thought she was sick, and I kept trying to look at her and handle her and watch her 24/7 to see if anything changes but I found that my actions were stressing her out, and her stress made me stress...lol So maybe just try checking up on him when you go to feed him. If no one is going to take him, you just need to give him some time and hang in there. Stay postive. I know you're trying everything you can but really take in the advices given in your other thread and don't give up. Best of luck

Quote Originally Posted by Spots View Post
    Canada as well...but I couldn't view and not post given the circumstances.

I think giving him away for help is good, but I think you shouldn't give up. There are a lot of caring and knowledgable people on this forum that have given great advice. I think you just need to sit down and try to research and implement the advice given. I have a leo that I was stressing over because I thought she was sick, and I kept trying to look at her and handle her and watch her 24/7 to see if anything changes but I found that my actions were stressing her out, and her stress made me stress...lol So maybe just try checking up on him when you go to feed him. If no one is going to take him, you just need to give him some time and hang in there. Stay postive. I know you're trying everything you can but really take in the advices given in your other thread and don't give up. Best of luck
    Thx...I'm trying my best to not stress him out...I have been checking on him quiet a bit just to see if he is still alive...I dont touch him or hold him unless I'm trying to feed him...I have since left the light off and we got him another hide on the cold side, so I think his enclosure is setup just how it should be...

I'm trying to stay positive...I have tryed to give him time...The only problem is that over time he has gotten worse...Thats why I wanted to know if anyone else would be willing to try....

Senior Member Sophomore

if i lived close enough i would gladly help..i have a couple friends who live in CA illl see if one of them lives close enough and if they will help.
    heres something to try, its what im using to get my leo to gain weight and she loves it,
    htt://www.********.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2753955
    get the insectivore kind
    1.0 husband~1.0 boxer~0.0.1 leo
    www.moyersmonsters.com

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information