Default I think a superworm took a pee on me :(

As i was picking one up with the tongs some kinda liquid squirted out of it onto my hand.

I also noticed yesterday when i rubbed a worm on Daisy's nose to try and get her to eat it also had some kinda liquid on, and Daisy didnt like it at all. Was rubbing her face on the floor till i gave her a squirt of water to wash it off and then she was fine.

Did the worm pee on me or was it something else?

Im beginning to hate super worms more every time i come into contact with then
    2.1.0 Leopard Geckos - Yoshi, Bubba & Peppa R.I.P. Freya & Daisy
    2.0.0 Cats - Ralph & Merlin
    1.0.0 Man Beast

www.ellaslead.com Sophomore Chewbecca's Avatar

I don't know if it's urine, or what it is, but I've been hit by a few, too, while putting them into enclosures.

I get grossed out EVERY time, too.
    *gag*!

It's nasty.
    Supers ARE nasty, but my geckos love them.

Senior Member Sophomore LizMarie's Avatar

I don't know if it's "pee" but I have seen stuff squirt out of them when my leo strikes or when I pick them up with tweezers.
    Owned By
    Luna, Phoebe , Lana , Aurora and Marley
    0.1 Dog :: 0.1 Cat :: 0.1 Leopard Gecko :: 1.1 African Fat Tail Geckos

Happy Gecko Family Junior gothra's Avatar

I have been squirted on a few times too (yuck!), maybe a defensive thing.

I've had them "squirt" on my face before, but i don't care because i know its going to get eaten so theres my revenge.
    1.0.0. Leopard Gecko

Member Freshman

Yes it's a defense trait, for example when you catch one and put it in paper (subtrat for a viv) then days later it will smell like DEATH, horrible... Sometimes that liquid will really splash like it was a shot so be careful

Not as bad as getting guts squirted on your face as your gecko bites down on a roach
    Last edited by B&B Geckos; 05-03-2013 at 11:32 AM.

I was feeding my female the other day and picked up a fiesty little mealworm. Suddenly I felt a splash in my face coming from the mealworm....now I know what it was....ugh!

Sometimes they squirts liquid always forward your face never payed attention to it but this morning when i was Feeding my chinese water dragons i got hit in my eye i washed under water alot and got worst allergy symptons and first of all i though oooh i was making supper with hot peppers thats it!!! But only one eye was reacting no burning sensation lotta water comming from eye still red after 10 hours i couldnt see on the morning at all just thinking superworms could have some defence liquids -acids??? Not sure ...possible ??

Thread Information