View Poll Results: How much do you spend on feeders monthly?

Voters
455. You may not vote on this poll
  • $.99 - $25.00

246 54.07%
  • $25.00 - $50.00

92 20.22%
  • $50.00 - $100.00

56 12.31%
  • $100.00 - $250

41 9.01%
  • $250 - $500

9 1.98%
  • more than $500

11 2.42%
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Feeder costs

ヒョウモントカゲモドキ Freshman Ghostoftangerine17's Avatar

My two babies aren't very pricey to feed. I can't imagine I spend more than $10 a month on mealworms.
    The reincarnation of tangerine17...
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Default Feeder costs

Including CGD for my crested, I'm only pushing 15-20 a month. Man I could even Imagine needing as much as some of you guys

Those of you that are spending well over $100-$500.... is that because you have many animals? Are you buying all of your feeders or breeding? It just seems like a ton of money to be spending on pet food!

Member Freshman

$0 I have a dubia and meal worm colony well established. You didn't say feeder food counts

Feeding my frilled dragon, multiple tarantulas and 3 leopard geckos.

Senior Member Freshman

I have about 30 geckos and I only spend about $30 every 3 - 4 months on mealworms. I breed my own mealworms but I have to buy some every few months to hold me over while the baby worms grow and to get new beetles. I also have a dubia colony that started wiith 50 and is now well over 1500.

Hardcore Animal Lover Freshman Tongue Flicker's Avatar

For just my leo, i'd say about a $.99-$1

With all of my pets combined plus my currency converted to dollars, on a monthly basis more or less $10-$15. 90% of my pets virtually eat the same thing; i.e. superworms, mealworms, crickets, feeder fish which makes their upkeep easy. Besides, 99% of my pets eat on a weekly basis with the exception of my hedgehogs. (May change next year since i plan to add a couple or five more pets LOL)
    Last edited by Tongue Flicker; 11-23-2013 at 11:07 AM.

Neil

" With great power comes great electricity bill.. "

I have three leopard geckos. Two eat normal amounts (2-3 supers, 10-15 meal worms, or 3-6 crickets per feeding) and one just eats and eats! I spend more than double feeding three than i did feeding two. I have no idea where my youngest puts it all! I currently spend about $3-8 on feeders every week, buying 1-3 times a weeks, depending on what I want to feed. I just started my meal worm colony though, so that should change here soon!
    Leopard Geckos
    ~Amelia, Dreamsickle~
    ~Rowan, Snow~
    ~Raven, Tangerine Lavender~

And goldfish. So. Many. Goldfish!

Thanks to my Dubia and Superworm colony I don't need to spend much
    1.2.0 Leopard Geckos
    0.1.0 Tokay Geckos
    3.4.0 Annoying House Cats

I spend on average 100-150 per month, sometimes more---sometimes a little less depending on season and so forth. I really like variety so I often will get Phoenix worms for the ones that will eat them. Sometimes I spend extra when I buy horns or butter worms so that can take it up to over 250 a month. Just depends. I would like to get more dubia so I can rely more on dubia. I have been saving most of my dubia for hatchlings and building my colony back up.

Probably $2 a month in food for the mealworms which I then feed to my geckos and quail. Reducing that in the near future by possibly growing my own veggies... once I get a fence up to keep the goats out of the garden, anyway. Initial cost will shoot up pretty drastically, but future cost will be just the seeds and $/hr in labor to grow. I need more worm bins too, they're crowding so much the surface moves if you touch it. /shudders

Hoping to find a non-climbing roach I can have in FL to breed feeders from too. That'll probably raise my feed bill to $5 a month though. I need more geckos....

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread Information