Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Freshman NinjaDuo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wowoklol View Post
    If they don't read the stickies or anything else, what makes you think they'll read your post?
    I'd like to recommend an ammended "TOS" covering some FAQs which is then linked to a quick quiz. Which would cover the they very basics. ONly way to opt out would be a quicker, more "advanced" questions or small set of questions. FORCE them to read the basics or not participate. They will be learning also as soon as they hit the site.

Also setup a rule to where you have to use the "search" function at least ONE time before you can make a post Or a warning anyhow. "If the question you are about to ask, involves substrate, heating, breeding, feeding/not feeding/pooping/not pooping, hiding lizards and lizards not wanting to be handled withing the first week of you owning them, then it has probably already been asked. 1,000 times. Seek those threads out first please before asking. Thank you!

sbh4<-- A few words from "Mr. E" our little enigma boy Those were the keys he seemed to like most on he recent excursion around the keyboard.
    I'm not sure how you already have over 200 posts. Lol.... In less than 2 months...
    DuoReptiles
    ja_cody09@yahoo.com
    Cody Collins

Member Freshman

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaDuo View Post
    I'm not sure how you already have over 200 posts. Lol.... In less than 2 months...
    What is your point besides I am helpful and talk alot?? Im one of the ones helping with the "noob" questions.. Lol.... Way to try to turn this into a pissing match!
    Last edited by Wowoklol; 06-16-2011 at 06:32 AM.

Senior Member Freshman NinjaDuo's Avatar

Lol calm down. I just found it ironic in my opinion. Chill, realize when you post in a forum others can give opinions. But you should follow these "suggested guidelines" that's all I'll say.

Op- I like
    DuoReptiles
    ja_cody09@yahoo.com
    Cody Collins

Member Freshman

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaDuo View Post
    Lol calm down. I just found it ironic in my opinion. Chill, realize when you post in a forum others can give opinions. But you should follow these "suggested guidelines" that's all I'll say.

Op- I like
    What guideline is that?
    If you think I am the type of poster he is referring to just because of my post count, you are sadly mistaken in my opinion. Which you should agree, I am entitled to

The only posts here that bothered me so far are the "zomg I just hatched a bunch of babies what do I do!?!?" or the general noobie breeding stuff. The substrate and other general husbandry questions are to be expected when quite a bit of the "wrong and right" is actually mostly opinion and your experience. As TokayKeeper likes to point out, play sand can actually work. Lights on a geckos viv doesn't necessarily "stress them out".
    Last edited by Wowoklol; 06-15-2011 at 11:02 PM.

Member Freshman

Newbie here!....read the post and loved it! And I'm so glad you posted that site for morph information. I've been trying to find that since I joined. I knew it had to be somewhere! Lol and don't worry, I am just curious. I will leave all my breeding to Melissa. But be prepared.....my new gecko babies come home tomorrow, and I will be a overly worried mother. But I will show off lots of pics! Lol. But again...very well written post.

lillith's leo lovables Sophomore lillith's Avatar

Welcome Amber!

Looking forward to your new geckos and their pictures!
    ~2.0 Feral Offspring~15.19.13 Eublepharus macularius (updated count underway)~1.1 Hemitheconyx caudicinctus~1.1 F1 CB Coleonyx variegatus variegatus (Mesa locale)~lots of icky bugs~

Maybe if this were just a site with info and no forums people wouldn't post questions they could easily search Google for answersfor. Marty makes a good point people like to see a personal response. Hence posting to a forum. I am new here but some responses seem uptight and condescending. I can see if you answer a post and your advice is openly disregaurded by a newbie. But when i post something i usually have looked it up but want input from individuals on the forum i took the time to join...and call me crazy but i would like to be treated paitently. I have been keeping fish and belong to several fish forums. Newbie always have the same redundant questions and they post questions in hope someone will respond and even look foward
    to each new response _well i do- if you are tired of answering questions you should probably not be a moderator. And for myself i just like to post as a hobby as IM learning. I know with fish keeping there are alot of different oppinions, methods, likes, etc. And there are ALOT of know it all's. I hope the people who respond to my post will only respond if they have time, paitence and amd enjoy talking.g with people about geckos and not at people. .
    Last edited by onebettarepublic; 06-15-2011 at 11:37 PM.

Senior Member Sophomore prettyinpink's Avatar

Thanks for taking the time and writing that!

Great post as always!
    ~*Erica*~
    Fae, Rose and Amirah

Leopards AFT Ball Pythons Sophomore Wild West Reptile's Avatar

First off I want to say that I agree that this subject needed to be addressed and thank you for starting this thread Shawn.

I too am a "newbie"...not to reptile's by any means, but new to this forum. I've kept HUGE Iguanas, snakes, lizards, etc since 1985 but am fairly new to leo's. I admit that the reason I have asked a couple of questions is that I like to hear responses from experienced leo breeders and keepers. A "personal", CURRENT response is far better and much more informative than one from 3 years ago after I do take the time to research it. No offense, but things and ways of keeping these guys can possibly change, so a current response is much better for me. I guess what I'm getting at is, if your a "senior member" and don't want to answer the "newbie's" questions, then don't. But remember that everyone was a "newbie" at one time and most people are just looking for reassurance. I'll tell you what they aren't looking for...a response that is picking their post apart, literally, and making them feel like complete idiots! I've noticed quite a few very negative responses lately reading like almost every post on here! LOL! I get that some of the repeat questions can get annoying, but how about just responding that this question has been answered recently, search for it, and if you still can't find the answer you are looking for then re-post. Or don't respond at all? Then they will be forced to use the search button.

I appreciate this post....100%, and agree that the repeat questions are a little out of control. Even for me, new to this forum, the repeat questions have become slightly annoying, (and I'll try not to post anymore of them,LOL) but it's probably because they are REALLY new and don't know the ropes yet. For the senior members who answer our questions regardless, THANK YOU for your time. I mean that. Again, excellent thread/sticky. I hope that this thread makes things easier and more fun for everyone.

Chris

BTW....Congrats Boston Bruins! Any hockey fans here?????

And just for kicks, I'll post a pic of my Mack Snow Tremper Albino het Raptor..... ATHENA!!

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination. ~ Oscar Wilde
    WILDWESTREPTILE.COM
    VISIT US ON FACEBOOK

Brandon Fowler Freshman Roaming Reptiles's Avatar

Good post. I will say that this is what forums are for. They are here for people to ask questions period. A new person might not have all the information they need and that's why they come here or any forum for that matter. You will always have the same questions no matter what. With all the members here I'm sure someone different can answers and doesn't always need to be the same person if you are getting sick of answering them.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information