View Poll Results: Did your gecko eat the first time you fed it?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, my gecko ate all the food

63 53.85%
  • Yes, my gecko ate some of the food

23 19.66%
  • No, my gecko ate none of the food that I provided

31 26.50%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Freshman

My gecko ate like its never seen food before, seeing as i got him from +++++ thats probably the case.

My new baby gecko is quite skittish, but astoundingly took food the first night (3 phoenix worms, 2 mealworms, and a dubia nymph). It has taken only 1-2 mealworms a night since then, but refuses the phoenix worms and dubia. Last night I left 5 mealworms in a dish overnight though, and they were gone this morning (escape-proof bowl, so unless they turned into beetles and flew away in 8 hours, it's safe to assume they were eaten).

before i got my baby gecko i always read that they may not eat for a few days even weeks when they move to a new enviroment so i was a bit worried. but i had nothing to worry about. the first night i had it i put in 10 small crickets and it ate them all

Senior Member Sophomore bubblez825's Avatar

it all depends on the gecko; Personally, most of mine didn't eat for the first few days after i got them.

My 3 girls are little piggies. They have been good eaters since the first day. My 17g mack snow ate 10 one-inch mealworms on the first day! Not sure where she puts them...

If yours won't eat at all, try a wax worm. My girls sometimes ignore mealworms and crickets that I put in front of them, but no one has been able to resist a wax worm. Junk food is better than no food at all I say.. LOL

My gecko took a little over two weeks before it would eat.

Junior

I recently picked up three girls and two of them ate like pigs right away and the third took about a week to settle in. I got a bit worried half way through the week and tried putting her mealworms on a clear plastic lid since I was worried she just wasn't looking in the mealworm dish I had in there but she figured it out:P
    Lisa Brooks
    Carpe Gecko

Check us out on Facebook!

I got my leo from +++++ and she was the smallest one they had. All of the other ones were laying on top of her. So yea, when I brought her home she ate like she had never seen food before. To this day, more than 2 months later, she is STILL a pig. Just in one day she's eaten 3 large crickets and like a dozen mealworms. My husband says if she gets any fatter she's just going to start rolling around her viv. LOL!

I've personally never had an issue with getting a leo to eat. Even after being shipped.

Member Freshman

Default hello im new

Hello I'm new here and new to leopard geckos I got my first one yesterday last night I put 6 mealworms in its food/calcium dish and when I got up today none of the mealworms was eaten. I wanted to know if I should be worried or give it a few more days. By the way I got it from +++++ and this morning there was a little gecko turd in there so it must have ate in the store I'm guessing. Also the turd was like a dark brown and another portion of the turd was all White is that normal thanks if anyone can please help

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information