Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Cat ba leopard gecko

the cat ba leo has any one ever herd of this little guy and are the available for buying here is a pic of one these little guys they look awesome

Quality is Everything Senior Enigmatic_Reptiles's Avatar

...is this a serious question? That is not a leo at all. Its a cave gecko...and yes they are sold frequently.

that thing is creepy. It looks like a bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic_Geckos View Post
    ...is this a serious question? That is not a leo at all. Its a cave gecko...and yes they are sold frequently.
    there is no need to get cocky i seen a pic on google and thats what it said it was not every one on here is freaking gecko expert buddy ! that is why i asked this "question"

are they easy to buy because i would like a cave gecko and ware can i buy them sorry i got angry but you gotta understand not everyone is a expert i know allot but i didn't know what that was that's why i asked that

Re-Member
    Freshman

Quote Originally Posted by gt350kid View Post
    there is no need to get cocky i seen a pic on google and thats what it said it was not every one on here is freaking gecko expert buddy ! that is why i asked this "question"
    How about you calm down a bit.
    Russell Struck

ok mr moderator sir ill calm down dude did you see me say sorry

"are they easy to buy because i would like a cave gecko and ware can i buy them sorry i got angry but you gotta understand not everyone is a expert i know allot but i didn't know what that was that's why i asked that"

Re-Member
    Freshman

I'm sure there are a few people on these forums that either breed them, or know where you can find them.
    You can always post a wanted ad in the classified section. (link at the top of the page)
    Good luck in your search.
    Russell Struck

thank you sorry i snapped

lillith's leo lovables Sophomore lillith's Avatar

The "Cat Ba Leopard Gecko" was a common name assigned to this new species of what are commonly known as "chinese cave geckos" from a Genus rather than species/subspecies point of view. They are all members of the Genus Goniurosaurus.

This particular photo is of the newly defined species G. catbaensis and it lives on Cat ba Island in Vietnam.

I actually wish I could have one of those, but I settled on G. luii as a close fit, there are already some captive bred populations of those. The discovery of the Cat Ba species was one of those geeky science articles I run across from time to time. (I think they found fanged frogs, too, on that trip)
    Capturing Cat Ba from its habitat would be disruptive, it's not the world's biggest island.
    Establishing a captive population of those would be stealing them from their homes. Which is how humans domesticate any animal. But it's still not nice.

Hope that helped, this just belongs in the Cave geckos section.
    Last edited by lillith; 09-01-2011 at 03:41 AM. Reason: spelling!
    ~2.0 Feral Offspring~15.19.13 Eublepharus macularius (updated count underway)~1.1 Hemitheconyx caudicinctus~1.1 F1 CB Coleonyx variegatus variegatus (Mesa locale)~lots of icky bugs~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information