Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default W/Y Eclipse het Tremper

This is our male that is responsible for all our Tremper line wys this year. He has some wild eclipse eyes lacking the pigment(some would say Abyssinian). Notice the red veins while not being albino. He is one of my favorites over here.

John Scarbrough
    GeckoBoa.com
    Facebook Page

Member Freshman

Fantastic eyes!
    Ciao
    Carlo

Quality is Everything Senior Enigmatic_Reptiles's Avatar

He looks good bro. Did he hatch with pigment and it faded or is he coming from two visuals? I was talking to someone not too long ago and they didn't believe me that the pigment can fade.

Stunning Gecko!!!!!!!!!! I love him!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic_Reptiles View Post
    He looks good bro. Did he hatch with pigment and it faded or is he coming from two visuals? I was talking to someone not too long ago and they didn't believe me that the pigment can fade.
    Lol yeah Travis you were talking to me and i still dont believe in that fading deal, eclipses keep there eyes through there whole life and the animal that were are looking is not an eclipse animal.

Lol yeah Travis you were talking to me and i strongly disagree with you and the fact that the gecko pictured is not an eclipse animal at all. Very nice gecko i give it a 10 but its not an eclipse animal, please show me what makes this animal a eclipse. If there is no eye expression then its not an eclipse and i know there are alot of genes that come with the eclipse but if its not expressing the eye phenotype its not an eclipse and eclipse eyes dont fade.

Spotted Shadow Sophomore LeopardShade's Avatar

Those photos are incredible, stunning eyes!
    ~0.2 E. macularius (Hypo, Super Snow)~

I know w&y's have a similar effect with patterning etc as Enigmas but that looks Enigma to me? Maybe a w&y Enigma?? Also i agree with Enigmatic_Reptiles, eye pigment can change/disapear as a gecko grows, but this doesnt look eclipse.

Very nice gecko by the way

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

Hi Travis, This was hatched by Matt @ Sasobek so I don't know if it ever had any pigment. I don't think he ever did but it is possible. I got him as a juvie and he had these bright white eyes when I got him. And yes eclipse eyes can fade and break up. Marble Eyes also break up a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieG'sgeckos View Post
    Lol yeah Travis you were talking to me and i strongly disagree with you and the fact that the gecko pictured is not an eclipse animal at all. Very nice gecko i give it a 10 but its not an eclipse animal, please show me what makes this animal a eclipse. If there is no eye expression then its not an eclipse and i know there are alot of genes that come with the eclipse but if its not expressing the eye phenotype its not an eclipse and eclipse eyes dont fade.
    Not here to discuss what morph this is but I have to disagree. It has been proven time and again that the "Abyssinians" are just eclipses lacking eye pigment. Having two alleles for eclipse doesn't mean it has to have every distinguishing factor since eclipses show many more signs than just pigment in their eyes. So if you feel more comfortable calling it an Abyssinian go ahead but when I breed it to an eclipse it still produces eclipses. Thanks for the compliments!

Quote Originally Posted by Bliss View Post
    I know w&y's have a similar effect with patterning etc as Enigmas but that looks Enigma to me? Maybe a w&y Enigma?? Also i agree with Enigmatic_Reptiles, eye pigment can change/disapear as a gecko grows, but this doesnt look eclipse.

Very nice gecko by the way
    Thanks! No enigma here
    John Scarbrough
    GeckoBoa.com
    Facebook Page

Animated Geckos Freshman tiedxupxinxknots's Avatar

I love it!!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information