Thread: Being Ignored?

Default Being Ignored?

Hey guys, i recently joined this forum and i feel like my posts are getting ignored. First i would post a new thread. Then after about ten hours i would get some replies, the i would reply, then no one replies. It kinda of bums me out and I feel like joining a different forum.

Senior Member Sophomore indyana's Avatar

Keep in mind that a lot of people on here have full-time jobs and are also busy trying to run their own gecko breeding programs and get day-to-day errands done. Sometimes they don't have time to reply to check and reply to every thread. ^_^;

I realize that people have their own things to do, but sometimes i will check to see if i got any replies then suddenly a bunch of threads passed over mine and mine goes into the pit of invigoration. Also, on some other forums i have been on, i am almost getting constant feedback.

Junior

Default Being Ignored?

I work full time and have a few dozen geckos to take care of when I get home, not to mention a zoo of other pets. I'm lucky of I get 5 hours of sleep on a weeknight so I usually only reply to the threads I can provide some measure of help with. It's easy for some to slip my notice if I fall asleep reading the forums and they are marked as "read" the next day when I find time to check. Sorry if you feel ignored! Just keep posting questions or bump them by replying with a "can anyone help?" Or something and I assure you folks will answer you ASAP!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Lisa Brooks
    Carpe Gecko

Check us out on Facebook!

Default Re: Being Ignored?

Some people just don't know what to say in reply.

Sent via Tapatalk whilst caring for Eublepharis macularis'
    "Sure, anyone can breed animals, but it takes time, dedication, and persistance to produce living art."

Senior Member Freshman Phoenix1115's Avatar

Also, I'd like to point out that the "viewed" count also keeps track of visitors that have viewed the page. I've seen some people write stuff like "30 views and no replies?" It is possible that all 30 of those views have been visitors who cannot reply.

Mod Squad Member
    Junior

Your threads were not ignored, they were answered. If you don't like the answers you need to ask more questions but not the same question. If you do not listen or take advice people will stop responding your threads. If you whine about people not answering your threads, people will stop answering your threads. This isn't the first thread you have complained about people ignoring you. Start asking good questions and follow up questions and make an effort to find information instead of demanding it.
    GeckoForums.net Proprietor
    Thad Unkefer
    www.ohiogecko.com
    www.leopardgeckowiki.com

Junior

30 views can also be the OP looking at their own thread over and over and over...haha.
    Lisa Brooks
    Carpe Gecko

Check us out on Facebook!

Thread Information