Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by perfectsoldier23 View Post
    I'm in San Diego and, ironically, the Reptile Expo is coming November 2nd-3rd. That's where I plan on getting my python. Nothing I'm too interested in, especially price wise, in my immediate area.
    Glad the issues aren't a big deal. It would definitely be nice to get a cool looking morph ;] Going to have to wait it out I suppose!
    If you're wanting a male my advice is to wait until the afternoon of the last day of the show and offer about 75% of the stated price. The decent females tend to go quick, but there are usually still plenty of nice males left by then and a lot of breeders would rather take less $$$ for them than have to turn around and bring them back home.

Oh wow, what a great idea! Makes sense to me that they have one less to worry about getting back home. Need to make sure I can get those days off of work now.

Ironically, shortly after I posted here, I received a text from the buddy with the female balls he was uncertain whether he wanted to sell. Ends up he wants to sell all of them [three females], each for $30.
    I'm thinking now that I have a little more knowledge, I can ask some better educated questions about the female I am interested in. She clearly has a very docile personality and I hope it doesn't take a turn for the worse the more she matures.
    2.3 Leopard Gecko [Rainwater!]
    2.4 Ball Pythons
    0.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boa

I got my $150 Dreamsicle for 85 that way! Also got my $60 tangerine for $30 that way, too LOL Why tote all those animals around twice if they don't have to?

If she's calm now, with regular handling, and learning her body language (like when she's hungry or doesn't want to be handled), it shouldn't change much, if at all, as she ages. If you like her, and are comfortable with her, then you should get her. Every animal has a different personality, and you may not find another one like that.
    Leopard Geckos
    ~Amelia, Dreamsickle~
    ~Rowan, Snow~
    ~Raven, Tangerine Lavender~

And goldfish. So. Many. Goldfish!

Wow, are you kidding?! A Dreamsicle would be incredible to get for that price. Now I HAVE to get at least one of those days off work!
    I just got her home ;] She's incredible to be with and she's currently in her new tank testing to see that my craftsmanship skills hold up and there aren't any holes for her to escape through.

I just started raining last night and I'd guess it's about 68-70 degrees in the house right now. I have two heating lamps on her at the moment with the reptile thermometer reading at approx. 79.4 degrees. I covered half the mesh top with a towel to help keep the heat in a little better but tomorrow I'm going to head out to a reptile store and pick her up a UTH and a larger water dish. She's only been on live rat pups so far, fed every Friday afternoon. Think it would be worth it to try f/t? I'll grab some feeding tongs too come to think of it. Her clutchmates were eating f/t but they either did not offer her f/t or she refused it.

Honestly, I'm so excited to see her moving around and exploring that I can't believe I waited this long to get a ball because I was nervous about striking. She really is the sweetest little thing ever and is very patient with my obvious lack of knowledge and general nervousness when handling.
    2.4 Ball Pythons

She's nothing special from others I've seen, but she's my little brat and I love her anyways She's pink with a little brown overlay. When we brought her home, she was bright, solid pink. Now she's pale pink, and I can't even tell when she's about to shed LOL She's also got a moderate case of enigma syndrome, which does make life interesting at times (though laughing at her makes me feel bad sometimes XD). Definitely try and get those days off! Scope it out the first day, and buy the second

I can't about feeding as I don't have much snake knowledge (other than I want a piebald ball and/or a hognose at some point), but trying certainly won't hurt. It's my understanding that while feeding live is certainly more stimulating, it's a bit of a risk as the prey ages as far as possible bites to the snake is concerned (as well as being rather inhumane to the mouse/rat-- however, snakes gotta eat, soooo....). I would try and get her on frozen ASAP, before it's too late for her to want to change her mind.

I'm glad you're happy with her! I fully expect pictures
    Leopard Geckos
    ~Amelia, Dreamsickle~
    ~Rowan, Snow~

I was actually just reading your thread about your picky eater and all the different feeders you've tried! It would make me want to tear my hair out, haha. Poor girl, she's the one that freaks out when her meal gets too near her face?

Haha, the pies are incredible. What an amazing morph, but WOW are they pricey!

Yeah, I figure we can try the frozen this feeding time around and see how things go. Worse case I'll just re-freeze and try them next week. I'm wondering if I should give her a live rat pup if she doesn't eat the frozen...or show some tough love and see if she takes the frozen a few days after her scheduled eating time.

Here she is. Still not set on a name but my mom is calling her "no feet." \eye roll
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131009_144523.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	308.2 KB 
ID:	60572

Name:	20131009_144538.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	242.9 KB 
ID:	60573

She's a little creeper too...I was typing at the computer and looked over to see this. Her little head poking out from behind the driftwood whispering "...whatcha up to..?"

Name:	20131009_145616.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	167.3 KB 
ID:	60574
    2.4 Ball Pythons

Yep! Thats my 'Melia LOL "OH MY GOD IT'S MOVING RUN AWAY!!!!!!!" *facepalm*

The cheapest piebald I've seen was like $900! I'll not be getting one any time soon :/

What a cutie! "No Feet," ha! That's a good one I would say though love, offering every other day or so if she doesn't eat it at first. Like I said, though, I'm no snake expert.
    Last edited by Akari_32; 10-09-2013 at 07:52 PM.
    Leopard Geckos
    ~Amelia, Dreamsickle~
    ~Rowan, Snow~

Beautiful girl! Congrats!
    Quote Originally Posted by perfectsoldier23 View Post
    I was actually just reading your thread about your picky eater and all the different feeders you've tried! It would make me want to tear my hair out, haha. Poor girl, she's the one that freaks out when her meal gets too near her face?

Haha, the pies are incredible. What an amazing morph, but WOW are they pricey!

Yeah, I figure we can try the frozen this feeding time around and see how things go. Worse case I'll just re-freeze and try them next week. I'm wondering if I should give her a live rat pup if she doesn't eat the frozen...or show some tough love and see if she takes the frozen a few days after her scheduled eating time.

Here she is. Still not set on a name but my mom is calling her "no feet." \eye roll

Name:	20131009_144523.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	308.2 KB 
ID:	60572

Name:	20131009_144538.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	242.9 KB 
ID:	60573

She's a little creeper too...I was typing at the computer and looked over to see this. Her little head poking out from behind the driftwood whispering "...whatcha up to..?"

Name:	20131009_145616.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	167.3 KB 
ID:	60574

Thank you! :]
    2.4 Ball Pythons

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information