AFT not looking so well

Hankj

Well I agreed to go pick up this gecko because I was told it was fine but when I got there all of the animals this person owned were in awful condition and I couldn't let them stay. So, I paid the trash the $20 or however much it was for this gecko and the leo with infected eyes. The leo's eyes are clearing up nicely and he is getting nice and fat. This guy acts normal for the most part. Eats really well and gets around fine. However, the spines look curvy and legs a little thin. I have been giving him a lot calcium. Do you guys think he has MBD? Also, his bulges look funny to me. There is only one big bump? Not two bumps. This is the first AFT I have owned so I do not know if this is normal. Thoughts?

aft1.jpg

aft2.jpg

aft3.jpg

FutbolGecko

Sadly, it does look like MBD, you should take it to a vet, or buy medicine for it, and you might be against this but I suggest you feed it a pinkie,once every two weeks. Get the really small ones, you dont want your gecko choking on it.

Hankj

What I expected. Thanks a lot guys. I will mull over the pinkie idea, he's a little guy tho. I would have to scout out a runt.

LZRDGRL

Interesting! I've never seen one with only one bulge. Maybe he had surgery after a prolapse and got one hemipenis removed?? You could ask your vet that, if you go there, anyway. He looks underfed to me. The spine shouldn't be that visible in a well-fed gecko. Get a fecal test done, it can't hurt :main_yes:

Chrissy

Hankj

I am feeding it a lot of crickets, it won't eat mealworms -_-. It has plumped up a little bit. After meeting the previous owners I doubt it had any kid of surgery in its life.

Visit our friends