Alan Hall - Good Guy

R

rrhill

Emailed Alan earlier this week after seeing some of his work. Asked him if he could make an aboreal acrylic door to fit a 29 gallon tank, after a few exchanged emails with dims & whatnot, he got right to work. The door came in today (HE SHIPPED YESTERDAY!!) and it looks like the custom job it was meant to! Don't hesitate to do some business with Alan if you need some acrylic work done.

Ro Hill

J

Jungle Habitats Plastics

Thanks alot Ro ,

After i shipped yours out i went got two tanks from petshop , 29 gallon & a 20H that im doing arboreal and terrestrial setups tops for the site .. luckily i dont have to buy the tanks my friend lends them forsizing lol and i takem back after photo shoot. When ya get yours setup and can get some pics id like to ad it to my gallery page .
Thanks again for your business
Alan

R

rrhill

Yeah Alan, I'll have some nice pics for your site! Almost done with the background...this tank ROCKS!:main_thumbsup:

R

rrhill

the 29 gallon in the works

I haven't put the coir on yet. I will attach the door AFTER the inside is complete...

HPIM0052.jpg

HPIM0053.jpg

S

SPJ

Gotta agree that Alan is a good guy that makes great cages.
I am waiting on a nice check to arrive and will be sending some his way as soon as it shows up.

God I hope it doesn't turn into the checks in the mail on me again with nothing showing up.

J

Jungle Habitats Plastics

Thanks for the update Ro ,

Ill have to get the camera and take pics of the setup for my desk that im hopingto add a pair of some kinda dart frogs into. I just added a bromeliad & a orchid in this afternoon. Luckily i have a yard full of carpet moss makes for great forrest setups lol

Steve ,
Thanks for the comments and well as for cages you know where to find me ( behind that pile of plastic shavings like a modern day Gepetto lol )

N

nora

alan hall is a tard... he wont send me any free cages.. =(

M_surinamensis

Shillelagh Law
... I dunno if permanantly attaching unsealed wood is the best route to go. Definitely going to have to cover that or the first time it gets wet or defecated on, you've got a whole enclosure to throw out... I'd probably use polyurethane but you've got a few options...

Edit: A typo... and an excuse if I missed something, been up for about twenty four hours now and I'm likely to accidently misread or completely fail to see an explaination of how the wood's all going to be waterproofed and sealed long before any animals are added to the mix.

Last edited:
J

Jedi Master Bruce

I think Alan is a good guy. They were desparate to get him for anything on fauna, but the only thing the moderators could get on him was for "whoring his cages." Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but I think that in America a man has the god-given right to whore his cages anytime he wants.

Alan is not a good guy........ He is a great guy. Alan.... I will be emailing you in the next few days. Tishirts and cages are on the mind

R

rrhill

Here is the 29 gallon tank with Alan's door just installed (the silicone isn't dry yet). This tank will sit vertical when completed.

HPIM0200.jpg

HPIM0201.jpg

J

Jungle Habitats Plastics

looks good Ro ,

what did you use to attach the coco bark ( is that what that is ?)

R

rrhill

Yeah Alan, I used Eco Earth. I usually buy a HUGE bulk size brick of coir from a garden supply place, but I just went to petsmart and bought some eco earth. I use black GE Silicone II (window and door) from home depot to attach the coir. I used this information from black jungle
http://www.blackjungle.com/gallery/talltank/page1.html

If you just sprayed the foam in and didn't put the black silicone on the glass first, you may be making a really big mess if you try to silicone the foam. On the 29 gallon tank I put a layer of black silicone on the glass to hide the mess from the foam and coir and them trim off the excess silicone when I am finished. You may be able to pop out the foam and silicone/coir coat it out of the tank. That's how I make the inserts...they are the same as these backgrounds but aren't attached to a tank so people can insert them into their own tank. I am going to email you a "care sheet" I made up for the backgrounds.

J

Jungle Habitats Plastics

yeah i noticed they Bground shrink after a few days on the GS ,my vertical 10 i made the floor mold for i can lift out off the egg crate which is nice cause i can pop it out and just suck out the water from the bottom area. on the one i have the copperhead in its shrunk some but bieng i cant readily interact i have pulled it out just yet to mess with it beside hes so comfy .

R

rrhill

I had a few of the inserts shrink a little...I think it is due to changes in temp. I foamed the tanks in my garage and the temp varied from hot as hell in the day to pretty cool at night. I had to go back and re-foam the edges of all the inserts to make sure they would fit properly. I had 2 tanks that I foamed a long time ago and they never shrank.

Visit our friends