Anyone else into Reef tanks?

JGoslee

Just curious who else here has a saltwater reef tank. I have 2 saltwater tanks but only one is a reef tank.

Here's my tank specs...

tank - 58gal oceanic reef ready
lighting - 2 250watt helio 20k metal halides, with 2 39watt super actinic T5's
skimmer - Deltec AP600
Flow - 4 tunze 6025's nano streams
controller - aquacontroller jr

This tank is about a year and a half old. It still has a lot of growing in to do. Its mostly an SPS tank with a few zoa/palys and LPS.

fts-2.jpg

S

StinaKSU

Nice! I used to have a 10 gallon nano-reef...about a year and a half i think....until my roommate at the time killed it while I was away for a month during a winter break :( I had a skunk back psuedochromis who was really cute!...plus a few zoos and sps.......well over a $1000 in that thing.....damn roommate...didn't get a dime from her for it either.

JGoslee

Sorry to hear you lost your nano-reef Stina. I would probably flip out if I lost my tank. I have the whole system hooked up to a controller so its completely automated.

Here's a few more pics...
nucleargreens-2.jpg

desertstorm-1.jpg

rpe-2.jpg

ppe-3.jpg

A

AVALover5498

Very nice zoanthids, I had a 29 which was mainly sps but I got sick of dosing kalkwaser all the time so I down graded to a ten softy tank. I mainly had zoa's but also had an amazing frogspawn that I loved. I had a 150W 14K metal Halide over it because I had a small crocea. I didn't skim because the tank was so small. Just lot's of water changes. I had a pair of picasso clowns I got from ORA that hosted in the frogspawn. I sold everything when I moved. I miss that tank....:(

Anyway, amazing tank dude. I don't want to Hijack your thread but once I get talking about reefs I can't stop haha.

-Chris-

P.S. Are you on club zoa?

Last edited by a moderator:
S

soreviv476

nice tank!! i was going to offer a trade of some of my ppe but you already have some. love the ng's... i have some rainbow palys if you ever want to trde let me know. again nice tank!!!

JGoslee

AVALover5498 said:
Very nice zoanthids, I had a 29 which was mainly sps but I got sick of dosing kalkwaser all the time so I down graded to a ten softy tank. I mainly had zoa's but also had an amazing frogspawn that I loved. I had a 150W 14K metal Halide over it because I had a small crocea. I didn't skim because the tank was so small. Just lot's of water changes. I had a pair of picasso clowns I got from ORA that hosted in the frogspawn. I sold everything when I moved. I miss that tank....:(

Anyway, amazing tank dude. I don't want to Hijack your thread but once I get talking about reefs I can't stop haha.

-Chris-

P.S. Are you on club zoa?
I'm actually a mod over at Club-Zoa. Same user name. :)

A

AVALover5498

I knew it! I haven't been over there in a long time. I'll have to stop by.

-Chris-:)

Visit our friends