Beginner- Need some help

blm0411

Hey everyone I'm new to the forum and I'm also new to Crested Geckos and actually lizards/reptiles. I've been into the Aquariums for quite a while now and have many. The other day a few friends and I purchased a 120 gallon aquarium and to our misfortune the bottom gave out spilling 120 gallons of water everywhere and leaving us with a pretty useless aquarium. However, it may not be completely purposeless. I'm wondering is a 120 gallon aquarium overkill for reptiles such as Crested Geckos, will it be safe for them? I'd really appreciate help. Thanks everyone.

blm0411

That is huge. I think an entire colony could fit in that. What are your plans to replace the bottom of the tank?

That'd be too much for me. As for the tank, the glass is still intact it's just spidered so im gonna put a sheet of acrylic over it and silicone it in.

Northstar Herp

Rhacs and Uros, oh boy!!!
You should turn that sucker on it's end, close up the top and bottom of the now front, put a background in the back and make it one heck of an arboreal setup! And yeah, you could house a buttload of cresties in there... it'd be really cool.

clemsonguy1125

IMO thats way to big, the cresties will get stressed. I suggest tokays but they can be mean. I know some people might say chameleons but stay away from them with a glass tank, theres not enough ventalation.

Northstar Herp

Rhacs and Uros, oh boy!!!
If you put enough decor in the cage they'll be fine, however many you put in there. But you can't take three sticks and a leaf and expect them to feel safely covered.

Visit our friends