Birth of a Knobtail!

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
Here are time-lapse photos of a little Smooth Knobtail (Nephrurus levis) coming in to the world. :D

levishatch1.jpg

levishatch2.jpg

levishatch3.jpg

levishatch4.jpg

levishatch5.jpg

levishatch6.jpg

levishatch7.jpg

levishatch8.jpg

levishatch9.jpg

levishatch11.jpg

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
Yes, the little knobbies are quite chubby right out of the egg. They really do look like babies, and are by far the cutest hatchlings (N. milii second place) of all the geckos I work with. This particular baby has a little color right out of the egg... they are usually jet black. I absolutely adore them!

lillith

lillith's leo lovables
They confuse me because for one, I can't keep all the species straight in my head.
Also they have a slightly alien look to them. I haven't seen them in person yet. I have no idea how handle-able they are or not or what their personalities are like. And for some strange reason, I thought they were hard-shelled geckos.

But this one that hatched is ridiculously cute, I see the appeal.

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
Janece, I think they look like little cartoon characters that walk around like bulldogs, LOL! There are quite a few Nephrurus subspecies to keep track of, and they come in both smooth and rough forms. All are quite easily handled, but with the exception of N. milii, the 'true' knobtails are fairly shy and tend to stress easily.

Visit our friends