Can geckos...

got spots?

leo lover
Can leos overeat? Like if I left her in a cage with 150 crickets would she eat them all? (not that I would its just a way to get my point across):main_thumbsup:

prettyprincess3690

Lol!

It would stop eating eventually, they know their limits (especially when they're older)...but even the juvies know that their little bellies can't fit 150 crickets!:)

robin

yes they can overeat and if they do gorge themselves they will regurge sometimes. lol they never do it again though hehe

BalloonzForU

Yes they can and will gorge and some will overeat, with both of these being two different issues. Usually they will learn not to gorge themselves to the point of regurge. However there are the few that you have to moderate because they never learn. Then you have the ones that will eat and eat and eat and get fat and then you have to moderate them as well. Either one is not really good.

Mel&Keith

Mod Squad Member
We've had one Leo that would eat mealworms until he regurgitated them over and over again. We learned very quickly to monitor the number of worms he got!

The other problem with having that many crickets in the tank is that they will stress your gecko. Only put in as many as they can eat in an hour. You can always feed them again if they're still hungry. But you don't want extra crickets hopping all over or even biting your gecko.

robin

:eek: Has she given you the 'I'm hungry and you're starving me' look yet?
every day i look in there! LOL

i waited a couple days before i fed her, so she could settle in. her first meal i offered her something small. so i put three superworms in there and i swear she jumped up and down eagerly like a kid in a candy store LOL

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
every day i look in there! LOL

i waited a couple days before i fed her, so she could settle in. her first meal i offered her something small. so i put three superworms in there and i swear she jumped up and down eagerly like a kid in a candy store LOL

:main_laugh::main_laugh::main_laugh:

That's typical Buffy.

V

VitalTears

yeah my albino did this before and he threw up like couple hours later..it was weird worms stuck together and some crickets aswell..lol

Visit our friends