can leopard geckos squeak?

GothicGurrrl

My Leopard Gecko is hiding a lot today.. and she's abit pale. I know that's a sign that's she's going to shed soon... but when I held her to check if she was okay.. she squeaked? I don't know if that's normal??

tlbowling

Geck~OCD
I've heard squeeks before:main_laugh: It is when they dont want to be bothered:main_yes:

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
You need to read my thread "shedding with attitude" When Eros first shed I was a bit put off because it was like his personality did a complete 180. It's not uncommon for them to be in a "leave me the heck alone" phase when they shed. They are quite uncomfortable and just want to relax. As soon as I would open his tank and remove his hide he would go rightinto defensive mode with thehigh held tail, the S shaped stance high up onhisfeet and teh cocked head lookin like he was fixin to leap for the jugular vein. It'll pass. Just make sure you provide her with plenty of moisture to help her get it over with and get back to handling her as soon as she's done her shed so she doesn't get hand shy. Eros is on an about every 2-3 week shed schedule (he's fixin to shed again and I've only had him since october 1. His 3rd shed with me) which sucks 'cuase I can't handle him during those days :( About his third day into ghosting he wants nothing to do with it.

GothicGurrrl

You need to read my thread "shedding with attitude" When Eros first shed I was a bit put off because it was like his personality did a complete 180. It's not uncommon for them to be in a "leave me the heck alone" phase when they shed. They are quite uncomfortable and just want to relax. As soon as I would open his tank and remove his hide he would go rightinto defensive mode with thehigh held tail, the S shaped stance high up onhisfeet and teh cocked head lookin like he was fixin to leap for the jugular vein. It'll pass. Just make sure you provide her with plenty of moisture to help her get it over with and get back to handling her as soon as she's done her shed so she doesn't get hand shy. Eros is on an about every 2-3 week shed schedule (he's fixin to shed again and I've only had him since october 1. His 3rd shed with me) which sucks 'cuase I can't handle him during those days :( About his third day into ghosting he wants nothing to do with it.

Cool, I'll look for your post now. Yeah, that sounds like how banana reacted. She squeaked when I held her and she extended her legs ( I can't really explain it very well lol ) like she was ready to pounce :D She's shed now.. She was pale yesterday evening and when I checked on her later, she was in her cold hide munching on her shed skin :D And I'm happy XD because she finally using her moist hide :D
Wooo, you got Eros on my birthday :D

Visit our friends