Chickies~

Neo.Reptiliac

I had more then in these photos but reicently lost some. =D anyways I let them out during the day for a little while as I work in the gardens. I feed them at the same time so they all are really friendly and dont run from you or anything cause of this. Helps too that I raised them all from little day olds.

chickens001.jpg

chickens003.jpg

chickens004.jpg

chickens017.jpg

chickens019.jpg

chickens020.jpg

chickens021.jpg

chickens025.jpg

chickens033.jpg

chickens035.jpg

Last photo will give you an idea of how large "Tiny" is. Yes thats a toddler's tricycle next to him. And to think he is only 4 months old too. Not even near full grown.

spykerherps

-sssSpyker ExoticSsss-
Is the one in the second to last pic a Delaware? I wanted to get a couple with our last batch but they where out.

Whats the one in the 4th pic?

ILoveGeckos14

I want chickens so badly!!! Are they hard to take care of? Do you let them free range? Do they always come back to the coop? My friend owned chickens and they produced some great tasting eggs!

Neo.Reptiliac

My birds dont even leave my back yard. They dont run away from me either. I basicly trip over them when Im outside. I got to drop some feed down for them to let me be and do my work out there. Most the time I put them on lock down at night. they go into each individual coop that they belong in and I simply close the doors at night after they all have settled down. People dont give them enough credit, they are really smart animals. I simply kept them cooped inside certain pens for about a week and after that they knew which pen was home and didnt go in one of the other chicken's pens. I do let them free range most the time unless Im not home or something. I dont want something getting them while Im gone. but even though they free range I still feed them too.

Neo.Reptiliac

Personally, I like the muppet-chickens, third and fourth from the bottom.

Muppet chickens lol XD those are my favs too. Bearded Silkies. Those 3 is the only 3 I have left for right now. I reicently lost all the rest when my dog attacked them a couple nights ago. I plan on going to the Silkie Nationals thats located about 4 hours away on November 14th to pick some more up tho. Not about to give up on them.

J

Jodi L Aherns

You have some very nice looking chickens there.I also keep and breed chickens.I have
Showgirls
Silikies
Turkens
Polish
Sultans
I have been doing this for a few years now and i love it.

Neo.Reptiliac

=D yay a fellow breeder. I got into chickens thanks to my dad. He use to raise the Old english standard variety (fighting chickens) in other words. And one day came home with a Murry Mcmurry book and my mom ordered some white silkies. Of course they wasnt as nice as the ones I have or others have today but its what got me started. So I guess Ive been in it ever since I was a little girl. When I moved into my own home I bought a whole bunch of different bantams and standards, but always came back to the silkies and other tophat varieties. =D

Visit our friends