Christmas Rant and Rave...

GexPex

Well, there go my neighbors setting up Christmas lights on their houses and blow up Santas/Snowmen/Reindeer being set out on their front lawns. The usual yearly ritual right after Thanksgiving...

BUT...(and here comes the rant)
One of them decided to do Christmas music outside...and it lasts...all...night...long. I can hear each and every song through the closed doors/windows of my house. I've tried turning up my own music, but I can still hear it (amazingly). I've thought about paying the most annoying "singer" (maybe Beiber?) to do a concert right in front of their house, but I must save my money for Christmas presents.

On the other hand...(the rave part)
I've completed my Christmas shopping! Most of it all done today (tries to revive the bank account with the humongous dent). Some of it done throughout the year (such as the cross-stitches I've made for family). Unfortunately, none of the presents will be a surprise for my fiance, as I had to ask him which service dog harness he prefered, as well as whether or not he was ok with advertising his latest diagnosis of adult onset ADD on a t-shirt. (T-shirt says "I don't have Attention Deficit...OH LOOK! A gecko!" and has an outline of my favorite leopard gecko, Abby.) But he promised that he'll still act surprised when he opens his gifts.

jemjdragon

If it is that loud I think you can file a noise complaint with the police. It's nice they're really into the holiday spirit but you shouldn't have to suffer with all that noise in the middle of the night.

Maybe ask them to turn it down at night?

Ghostoftangerine17

ヒョウモントカゲモドキ
I'd talk to your neighbor about that... seems ridiculous...

Glad I don't have to deal with that in Japan :D Although unfortunately the country has grabbed the commercial side of the holiday so shopping is a pain. The decorations are amazing though and, at least in Tokyo, rival America's.

KTyne

Kayla
File a noise complaint. I know here people can't be too noisy to where it's disturbing the neighbours after like, 11pm and before 6 or 7am. So if their music is blaring at all hours of the night the Police can do something about it. That is extremely inconsiderate.

Fatal_S

Mel's Exotics
If you don't want to confront them, tape a note to their door.

"Howdy neighborino,

I love the holidays as much as the next person, but I also need to sleep once in a while. Please be considerate and turn off your music at night.

Thank you and merry Christmas,
NAME GOES HERE"

Then, if they insist on being dorks, call the cops on em. :main_evilgrin:

katie_

Wonder Reptiles
Filing a complaint without talking to them first is unneighbourly. Maybe they arent aware that you can hear the music inside.
Just talk to them nicely about it, that you love the display but could the music be turned off after 7.
If they refuse, THEN complain.

Visit our friends