Don't see an announcement yet....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
I see a lot of things missing or messed up. No trader ratings, classifieds, or banners. Also, the background makes the normal color text not really show up. That's all I've noticed so far.

I agree. It's nice, but the text makes it so hard, I'm coloring it all. You are right, and I'm kind of confused about it. I spent a week figuring out the original gecko forums, now I have to start over. Still, it's a very nice forum.

lisa127

If anyone can read this, can you tell me how to change my text to a color so people can read it? I can not find where to do that.

Suncharmers

Agreed, everything/text is so light it seems invisable, lol, unless ya chage color or hylight with mouse. Are classifieds someplace secret, or am I just not looking in the right place? :0) I understand when you make changes it takes some time to get everything right/ bugs out, been there a zillion times. :0)

KTyne

Kayla
Here is the annoucement at the top of my page:

"Geckoforums was purchased by Thad Unkefer (Me) last week 10-31-12. Upon taking control of the forums I notified Kelli that there were some abnormalities in some of the modules. Kelli notified the hosting provider which quickly shut down the forums and responded back that the forums had been hacked. The forums had to be shutdown to protect the hosting providers other hosting accounts.

The best possible solution to fix the site was to upgrade the forums and overwrite the hacks that were in place from the old site. This would ensure the vulnerabilities would be removed. The only problem is that all of the forums styling and plug-ins would be lost. This will take me some time to get everything figured out and back into place. I have started a new thread here "Site Upgrade Issues", please post any problems or missing items you liked in this thread.

I look forward to making this the best reptile website and having the greatest reptile community on the Interent.!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visit our friends