eclipse blizzard eyes

DAWNoftheLEO

Yes, genetically different.

I do believe they are quite variable on offspring of snake or solid eyed blizzards.. This is my first year working with blizzards and the eye mutation. Sorry I couldn't be of more help :)

paulnj

I have a 1.4 of snow blizz that are normal eyed and snake eyed. when bred they throw all 3 eye types randomly.

Last edited:
D

Drunvalo

i have heard the eyes are random. except maybe with raptors....

JGoslee

Thats good to know. I've been looking to get a pair and I haven't seen any with 2 solid black eyes. I guess they're the ones everybody is keeping for themselves.

godzillizard

Try not to think of it as a gene, because it's just not that simple--I like to think of it as more of a possible 'side effect' than a trait, in and of itself.

If you breed solid eyed blizzard to solid eyed blizzard, you'll have the best odds at producing black eyed offspring. But if you really want to make black eyed blizzards, consider using Mack snow. Then your super snow blizzards would have the blackest possible eyes, plus, the non-supers would have the best chance at having solid black eyes. I love my super blizzards! :) they remind of great white sharks--2 tone body-grey on top with a white belly, and those jet black eyes...simple, elegant beautiful...

Gazz

JGoslee said:
Are the solid black eyes on blizzards different than eclipse eyes? And can you breed blizzards to always have solid black eyes?

Yes there very differant :main_yes: .ECLIPSE is a recessive trait so it can be past onto Any leo morph in the usual recessive way.How ever FALSE ECLIPSE seems random AND only link to blizzards and macks.Normal offspring from such breedngs like FALSE ECLIPSE mack snow X normal = 50%mack some of the offspring will express FALSE ECLIPSE.50%normal as of yet haven't expressed FALSE ECLIPSE.Same thing for a blizzard breedings.BUT i can see this getting very sticky as when someone breeds there RAPTOR,EMBER,DIABLO BANCO'etc'etc to there blizzards.Generations down the line blizzards with black eyes could either be ECLIPSE or FALSE ECLIPSE and the only way to know whitch you have is breeding tests.Or there is a clue in the nose of a leo expressing ECLIPSE they 99.99% of the time express a white washed nose.Not a trait seen in FALSE ECLIPSE so far.Both ECLIPSE and FALSE ECLIPSE you have no control over how much black out on the eye there is.On both strains of eclipseing it is random so you get what your given :main_thumbsup: .Full ECLIPSE eyes X full ECLIPSE eyes = 100%ECLIPSE BUT not all eyes will be 100% ECLIPSE out.

Last edited:

Visit our friends