Extreme Makover: Gecko Addition

slytle90

Ok so I had posted pictures of my geckos when I first got them and they were on sand. Since then I have changed their setup and never posted any pictures. Here ya go.

Before:
There was moss everywhere since I had it in the hide.
home020.jpg

After:
Two story and they absolutly LOVE it!
home023.jpg

And here are some of the new tank from other angles..

home024.jpg

home026.jpg

home030.jpg

And I know that the carefresh is loose bedding but i assure you that they dont eat it. They kinda just lay in it and sleep and its actually where I caught Zeus and Athena mating.

Let me know what you think.

Items added:
2.5 gallon tank
Carefresh bedding
Repti Carpet
Bird perch w/ bend-a-vine
1 rock hide
1 hide/climb
coconut bedding for top floor
bigger water dish
fake plant

T

Turnip

Tis awsome, but where is the mopist hide? or is it that white stuff?

Ipsl

I like it. real nice. You shuld check out the crate and barrel or the container store. Waaaay to much fun in there. :D:D

moosassah

Interesting. That carefresh bedding stuff is weird. Looks like snow. It looks like they love it & are very active in climbing.

slytle90

thanks guys! yea.....they love to climb.

And their moist hide is that little rock thing in front of the ladder....also the area with the carefresh is a little more humid then the rest of the tank (not at much at the rest though.)

The gray hide is mainly where the undertank heater is so its very warn and the top hide is dry and room temp....

B

blarklark

I really like your setup. Lots of space and places to explore. Keeps them active. They must love you ;)

slytle90

Golden Gate Geckos said:
If you are using Desert Snow or CareFresh in the hide, it wil dehydrate your geckos and make it difficult for them to shed. Otherwise, it looks great!

The moist hide actually has moss in it that I spray. Do you think that wet paper towels would work better for the rock humid hide??? And where the carefresh is, isnt really ment to be a moist hide so do you think that will still be a problem???

M

Musilitar

Very nice setup!
Your gecko's seem to love it, and I do too, very creative indeed!

Visit our friends