fimbriatus setup pics

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
Ok, so I introduced my pair of fimbriatus into their permanent enclosure a bit early. I just wasn't happy with keeping them in the cramped bin any longer, and they're fecals are now negative for parasites and both are eating/drinking/pooping normally. So, into their new enclosure they went tonight. Here's some pics. It's a 2ftX2ftX3ft screen cage by Sandfire Dragon Ranch, three sides are covered by clear plastic to help retain humidity. Lighting is a 2.0 compact flourescent UVB bulb on a timer for 14 on/10 off(this will change to 10 on/14 off in the winter). No heat, obviously. Substrate is hydroton covered by a layer of 50/50 cocofiber/peat moss and this is partially covered by a layer of sphagnum moss, and partially covered by cleaned, dried, leaf litter. There are springtails in it. All branches are wrist-thick or bigger and have been bleached/baked. Plants include live and fake, with live being made up of Snake Plants and Pothos. Plants are in pots or grown hydroponically. Water dish has an air stone attached to a pump for a moving water surface to increase humidity and encourage drinking from the dish. Roaches are provided as food in a dish, both Blaptica dubia and Blatta lateralis, alternating. There is a small dish of D3-free calcium available. Both adults seem to love the room, the male so far is hanging out on the branches, while the female seems to prefer the screen sides or the fake, hanging vines. They are being misted 2x a day, once lightly in the AM and then again heavily for 5-10 min right after lights out in the PM. Cage remains wet for several hours then dries over night. Humidity is usually around 57-60% at the driest point mid-after noon and up to 100% over night. I should mention that I run a swamp cooler in this room, so humidity is always rather high to begin with. There is also an oscillating fan in the room that helps to circulate air. I may end up changing the plant arrangement(I'm considering Draecanas if I can find a nice big one) but overall I'm happy with the setup. It's been running sans-geckos for over a month now and all checks out.

fimbsetup5.jpg

fimbsetup1.jpg

fimbsetup4.jpg

fimbsetup2.jpg

fimbsetup3.jpg

:main_thumbsup:

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
So did they adjust well to their new home? Any changes in housing?

Oh they're doing fantastic. They really appreciate the room, and I like the fact that the screen cage allows water droplets to collect everywhere, providing a wide surface area for drinking.

I made a few changes, minor ones. Added a few more large branch sections and another potted snake plant. I also removed the roach dish, they were feeding just fine on free range roaches and most don't last more than an hour after lights out so I figured no reason for the dish. Other than that, it's pretty much the exact same setup.

Visit our friends