General Breeding Questions

KTyne

Kayla
Hi guys,

I have some questions for you that I hope you can help me out with that I haven't read anywhere.

When breeding AFTs do you keep breeding groups/pairs or do you just put the Male and Female together for a certain amount of time and then separate them before the Female lays?
How do you go about introducing Males and Females while making sure no injuries happen?
What time of year do you usually start pairing up your Geckos? When do you stop pairing them up?
Do you HAVE to cool your breeders before each breeding season?

Thanks! If I think of any more I'll let you guys know. :)

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Some people feel strongly about keeping all their geckos separately. I don't. I actually keep my AFT's year-round in 1.3 breeding groups. The males become interested in the females seasonally, so they are just beginning to try to mate and I got my first set of eggs a few days ago. The first year of breeding I cooled them, but have not found it necessary since then.

Aliza

KTyne

Kayla
Thanks for sharing. :) I was thinking that as long as their was no aggression show between the Geckos then they would be fine. I'd make sure all of them were fed separately or at least watched them to make sure all of them ate.
I also feel though that I might just not want to take the risk if I'm spending so much money on expensive morphs.

Visit our friends