Getting a Conure. Any tips would be great.

Russellm0704

Im getting a 4 month old pineapple green cheek conure this weekend and I have been doing research for months on these small conures. I am ready for everything husbandry wise but just curious how they bond with several people. I know parrots sometimes bond to one person and hate the rest. Just wondering if I have several people handle her as a baby, will she become accustomed to everyone or just pick one person?

katie_

Wonder Reptiles
It really depends on the bird itself. You can try to socialize her with as many people as possible, but she still may bond to only one.
I recommend ear plugs lol

moefv

Gecko Noob
I have a Golden Gap Conure. A pretty rare conure I believe correct me if I am wrong. She only gets along with my dad, mom, I, and males, but if you try to get a female to pet her or hold her she tries to bite the female. Only females she knows that come by my house a lot she won't bite them. All in all a conure makes an awesome pet, but I recommend having some earplugs in hand lol. Hope this helped! God Bless - Moefv

Russellm0704

Well the green cheeks are known to be the quietest of conures. That is why they are one of the most popular conures. Obviously they are still parrots and will make noise but hopefully not as much. Either way I will be happy. I am just excited to own a pet that will really have a personality and interact with me. Of course my dog is and always will be my favorite companion of all, but the geckos just don't fulfill my pet needs lol. And my rabbit likes females better than males but he is a boy so I can't blame him.

katie_

Wonder Reptiles
My neighbour has a green check that wakes me up every morning with the sounds of a dying turkey.

Russellm0704

My neighbour has a green check that wakes me up every morning with the sounds of a dying turkey.

Well every species has their abnormals. From what I have gotten out of people on the parrot forums, the green cheeks do not make much noise at all. I have now had Cali for a day and a half and she has been amazing. She is close to being potty trained, was quiet all night, eating her veggies and pellets, and has a very sweet personality. Maybe I should get some pics up.

Visit our friends