Gex - One year later *DUW*

T&KBrouse

K, the Crazy Snake Lady
Don't know if ya'll remember, but about a year ago, my son brought home a leo that belonged to a friend. They had the little guy for 7 years and he was fine, but the family had lost their home in a fire and they had to live in shelters and hotels for a year until they could find their feet again.

When we got Gexie, he was skin and bones.

LEO001.jpg

OUCH003.jpg

He had no problems eating, so we started offering him mealies and waxies, covered with calcium powder. He could eat as much as he liked, whenever he liked. Slowly, he started putting on weight.

OUCH004.jpg

Six month in our care
Pets008.jpg

We're right at about a year after he came to us, and I figured since I needed to clean his humid hide anyways, it would be a good time to get some shots of a fully recovered, totally healthy, full of the proverbial "pee & vinegar" Gex.

gex031.jpg

gex033.jpg

gex035.jpg

We had never had a leo before, so I wanted to thank you all for the advise and support you all gave when he got here. I had no idea what I was doing and without missing a beat, everyone came to the rescue to help this beautiful, spunky little boy.

I can't thank you all enough.

T&KBrouse

K, the Crazy Snake Lady
Thanks. :)
His personality has grown alot, too. He used to be very quiet and just sit with us. Now, I think he mearly tolerates most humans, except me, who he seems to seriously loath.
He bolts at me and wags that tail like he's a big 'ole dinosaur! :D

T&KBrouse

K, the Crazy Snake Lady
Thanks, everyone. :)
He has been such a little treasure. That spunky attitude makes it all worth while.

T&KBrouse

K, the Crazy Snake Lady
Thank you.
Alot of the rescues we get have so many health problems, sometimes its hard to bring them back. Its nice to be able to share a success story.

T&KBrouse

K, the Crazy Snake Lady
Thanks, Eric! :D
I always thought he was good looking, but just figured I was being partial.:p

T&KBrouse

K, the Crazy Snake Lady
Thanks, Melanie. :)
Don't think we could have pulled it off without the folks here coming to the rescue like they did.

T&KBrouse

K, the Crazy Snake Lady
Thank you, Kristi!
He's our little chunky-butt. He'll even stop to eat in the middle of a shed. :p

Visit our friends