Has anybody set up a P. Picta natural vivarium w/ foam background?

jakehinds

What the title said, I'm trying to decide between a leo or a panther gecko. Either one will live in a 67 gallon tank and I'd like to get ideas for a foam background for the panther. I already have an idea for the leo but it's difficult for the panther gecko. Like I'm not sure if it should also be a rock wall, just a darker color? Or maybe like tree root looking where he can hide between? Pictures are greatly appreciated.

And when i do build the foam background for either animal, It will be extruded polystyrene with grout over it, but when i do put the grout on the foam i heard people say something about misting it or else it will crack or something? And after it dries, do I HAVE to seal it? I mean there will be no moisture in the leo tank so i feel like i shouldn't have to, and I don't want it to look all shiny.

Mclaughlin

I have a panther. They are terrestrial geckos and absolutely suck at climbing. Mine hides under moss and leaves or in his cork hollow. At night he might stumble to the top of his little cork hollow to bask, but not often. I don't know if a custom background would be worth it with them.

Visit our friends