Help! Do I have everything I need for a Leachie?

SidAndCira

Loves Reptiles!
<sup>I am going to by an 18 x 18 x 18(or 24) terrarium.

The supplies I have in my "shopping cart" so far is(excluding water/food bowls which I will buy the day he/she arrives, which won't be for some time): 8 Quart Green Sphagnum Moss , Medium Bamboo Hollow, Large Bamboo Hollow, Zoo Med Cork Bark Flat Medium, Repashy Gecko MRP Base Part 1 4oz, Repashy Gecko MRP Strawberry Nectar 4 ounces, Zoo Med thermometer and humidity indicator, Zoo Med Eco Earth 8qts, Zoo Med 60 watt ceramic heater, Exo Terra Jungle Vine Large, Pacific Driftwood medium grapewood, Exo Terra Abutilon Jungle Vines, 72 Inch tropical vine, Zoo Med 12" Bird Nest Fern Plant, Zoo Med Habba Auto Mist(can be set to every 3, 6, or 12 hours), and finally Top Fin® Grey Tree Root Ornaments. Anything I don't need, anything I need? :)

fuzzylogix

Carpe Diem
looks good so far, but what are your temps in the room you are going to house the leachie? i don't use any heat source or artificial light for mine. my temps stay between 73 and 76 in her enclosure.

SidAndCira

Loves Reptiles!
looks good so far, but what are your temps in the room you are going to house the leachie? i don't use any heat source or artificial light for mine. my temps stay between 73 and 76 in her enclosure.

My digital thermometer says it's 75.6 in my room's air, I don't have a heater in my room (bed is over the heating vent) so it gets chilly in here at night time. It's 48 outside, and gets in the 20's at night. That's why I have the infrared 60w bulb on the list, I was going to turn it on at night time so it stays warm. :D

goReptiles

I stick with heavy branches and big vines. Mine love the cork bark best. But act crazy if I take out the vine.

You may need to upgrade the tank, depending on size of the gecko.

Northstar Herp

Rhacs and Uros, oh boy!!!
No heater needed if you're keeping it in normal people comfy temps.

I'd also recommend just getting regular CGD, the two part is harder for you and is unnecessary.

Be careful when you buy your enclosure that it's not a screen tank, and not too big if you get a small leachie. They do best in tight quarters, even adults will do better in spaces tighter than make usual sense to we herpers.

You don't need a ton of stuff in the cage either. It'll make it easier on yourself if you keep furnishings to a minimum.

Visit our friends