Here's my breeding pod

Dragonslare

Dragonslare.com
Hey,
Heres my breeding pod, I got the male back in Jan.'10 and then I hit a stonewall on females, took me six months and alot of emails and posting before I finally found some, so they sent me four. I've started searching for Vietnamese "Tiger" Cave Geckos (G.Araneus) early and have found a few leads, but nothing has worked out yet.

Male, shortly after it was shipped to me,he was a savage eater from day one and filled out very nice.

4710740777_69cc4049ec_m.jpg

Here he is recently.

THE GIRLS :

4711382676_e953aac0eb_m.jpg

4710740573_37c8d93d3f_m.jpg

4710740079_9030444da8_m.jpg

4711382472_5f2cbf880a_m.jpg

1 male + 4 females =

5018723854_a1de5a7155_m.jpg

Joe M.

Dragonslare

Dragonslare.com
Hey,

Thanks,all five are doing incredible, all have filled out nicely, but I messed up big time, I didn't realize that a female was laying eggs, until I saw a wrinkled egg which had been dug up by another female, Ive only had the female for a few months and none of them appeared gravid, so I wasnt watching for that, after searching I found a total of six eggs (Aug.11) since then there have been no more,figures now that I'm watching for them, the first two didn't make it, my fault, but the other four are doing real good, candled them last weekend and I could see the little ones wiggling around two of the eggs should being popping real soon!

The 1 Male and 4 Females are all together in a very large 40 Breeder tank, playground sand for substrate, and alot of hiding places and a nesting box. even though they don't seam to mind being held, I keep it to a minimum (this is why I didn't see the eggs sooner)
Ive got Leo's and Cresties breeding these year, the Cave's and Fat-Tails pods that I'm working with, are supposed to start giving me eggs until next year, but what I think happened with the Cave's is one of them was shipped to me gravid?

Joe

treeguy

I think its very possible that they were shipped to you gravid. Along the chain of distribution from their forest home in the S. China Sea they were probably kept in large groups the whole way along with the possibility of having stored sperm from the wild. Even though my females all dropped eggs this season I highly suspect it was from retained sperm as opposed to from the males I paired them up with. I got eggs from two of the females about 2 weeks after being paired up...I dont think thats a long enough time at all for my males to be responsible for knockin' them up. I do think that mine are finished for the season as I was expecting eggs from them 3 weeks ago. Got 3 clutches out of 2 of them and 4 out of one of them. Good luck with the incubation, hope they all hatch for you.

Dragonslare

Dragonslare.com
theres a forum just on Cave's but I think it's broken,won't let anyone login, to bad it was a good site just for Cave's, they helped me alot, like yours, I believe 1 of the 4 females I got came in Gravid, after mating it usually takes 4 weeks for the females to lay eggs, so yours would also have been shipped gravid, I've been also told that Cave's lay three clutches, on average,rarely four, seeing That I found 3 clutches on Aug 11, and no more, only one of my girls where gravid.

Joe

Visit our friends