Herp Power Proportional Thermostat. Anyone have it? Like it?

robin

i have never used that one but i have used helix, ranco and johnsons. all of those work perfectly :)

B

BioWorkZ

They're so expensive, that's my only concern. I think I'll end up getting a helix....I've watched lots of stuff on youtube about reptile breeders and a significant amount of them use helix. That's just my opinion. =)

Latlaw

They're so expensive, that's my only concern. I think I'll end up getting a helix....I've watched lots of stuff on youtube about reptile breeders and a significant amount of them use helix. That's just my opinion. =)

Actually, I thought they were less than Helix . . maybe I need to check further.

LizMarie

I've been looking at those too. I think they're good but I'm not sure if I should go for a proportional instead.

Yeah I thought those were proportional but they're not. Proportional is the way to go I just wish they cost as much as those. Have you seen the ones with the programmed night drop! That is so cool! I wish I could afford those.

robin

helix are good however they are not as good as they used to be (apparently they got bought out a couple years back or something). i had heard of quite a few people getting borked helixes. mine works just fine but i just figured i would put that out there.

Pro Geckos

professionalreptiles.com
Helix and Herpstat are proportional while Ranco's and Johnsons are typical on/off models. I use and prefer the herpstat. They are good quality and have some nice features.

R

rince

I use the Herpstat ND , the one with the build in night drop and I can only say it is the most stable and reliable thermostat I ever tried. I love the menu structure and the added extra features. I am currently considering upgrading to a herpstat II to be able to monitor 2 separate enclosures.
I can only say I never ever regretted spending the money.

Visit our friends