Hides and Glue

G

GeckoMandi

I have been researching ways to create cute, safe hides for my leo's I have store bought ones now, but ya know they can get expensive!

I would like to know what kinda glue is safe to use, when I glue stuff onto the tupperwear bowls I plan to use?

G

GeckoMecca

once cured 100% silicone is suposed to be non-toxic but depending on what your glueing im not sure how well it actually holds.

ive been playing around with bakable clay (ovencraft) and it seems very promising. ive come up with some nice hides but have yet to actually bake one and use it, mostly out of concern for sterility (its porous) partly cuz i have a hard time finishing my projects.

G

GeckoMandi

I bought some of that clay at michael's craft store to make some water bowls, I never thought about trying to make a hide. Seems like an awesome idea, if you do please post pics!

G

GeckoMandi

Well for the hides I made the other day I used a hot glue gun, also made sure I had all the little extra pieces off so they don't try to eat any.

L

ludothegreat

I've been using hot glue on all my hides too. I just do what you did and make sure all the little strings and extra glue is gone so they are not temped to eat it.

G

GeckoMandi

^Yup exactly that was my main worry with that glue, that and also burning the crap out of my fingers! lol

Visit our friends