Humid Hide As A Cold Side Hide?

R

reptidude1

I just ordered 3 leos from a breeder, and he said he kept them in a 15q tub with a humid hide as the cold side hide, and a dry, hot side hide. Should i continue to do this or put too dry side hides, a cool side and a hot side?

Srt14292

Est; 1992
You will get conflicting views on this, some put on cold side, some prefer hot, some prefer putting it in the middle. I prefer putting in on the hot side so the tub does infact become humid.

Tony C

Wayward Frogger
I use one dry hide on the hot side and a humid hide on the cool side. Seems to be the most common setup, and I haven't had any problems with it.

R

reptidude1

No, i mean the cool hide is actually replaced with the humid side. So there is 1 dry hide- the hot side and 1 humid hide that also acts as a cool hide

BGalloway

I gave my gecko a hot hide, cool hide, and hot side humid hide to start with. He has however collected more hides now, about 6. The more hides the better in my opinion because it lets the gecko have stuff to crawl under/over and keep himself entertained.

Toilet paper tubes, the cardboard packaging for pudding cups, butter/margarine containers, just about anything can be a hide and pretty soon you'll be deciding which ones to take out of the tank to make room for more stuff.

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
In 15 quart tubs I use only 2 hides, a humid hide on the cool side and a dry hide on the warm side. I keep leos singly, and this has worked just fine for me. A major reason why I keep the humid hide on the cool side is that it doubles as a laying box for the females, and eggs are less likely to dry out on the cool side. I use coco fiber, and when kept on the warm side I noticed females tended to bury eggs at the bottom of the box, putting them in close contact with the heat source, making it more likely for them to dry out before I found them.

Visit our friends