i think my fat tails toe is infected, pics, please help

strongbox18

okay guys so ive had my african fat tailed for a while, and i believe he is albino, ive had others before, but anyways ive had this one for a few months all has been well, well anyways last night while iw as sleeping whioile he was shedding he somehow woke me up so i looked under his cave to see twhat the noise was and he was shedding so i dampened the moss and left him alone, so i woke up and looked at him today and noticed this blackish spot ioon his toe and in the pictures it looks like it almost has a greenish blue tint to it, well i waited all dasay to see if it was mabi jsut skin but its still there and it looks like it could possibly have a little redish tint as well, let me know what you all think thanks for any advice you all can give me

toe2.jpg

toe1.jpg

toe4.jpg

Carinata

Breeder of High End AFTs
First of all, that is a normal fat tail. What is your husbandry like? Are you using a bedding that promotes bacterial growth, such as coco fiber or moss? I would put him on white paper towel, with a dish of water and a dish of calcium. And 2 hides on of which is a humid retreat. 90 during the day and 79-76 at night. Lower the humidity just a tad too.

strongbox18

i use reptile carpet, and i do use some peat moss in there, should i only make the peat moss available when he is in the process of shedding and take it out at all other times?

Carinata

Breeder of High End AFTs
I can tell from those pictures he is a normal. Stripes are a very common thing. Switch him to what I suggested.

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
It could be a stuck shed causing there to be a stricture. It honestly looks t me like necrotic tissue. It also looks like he's lost a few toe tips somewhere in his travels. Can you soak AFTs? That's the first thing I would do to make sure there is no stuck shed. Aside of that, I'm no AFT pro hopefully someone else can chime in with more info.

tlbowling

Geck~OCD
It could be a stuck shed causing there to be a stricture. It honestly looks t me like necrotic tissue. It also looks like he's lost a few toe tips somewhere in his travels. Can you soak AFTs? That's the first thing I would do to make sure there is no stuck shed. Aside of that, I'm no AFT pro hopefully someone else can chime in with more info.

It looks like this happens to this poor guy often, he is definately going to lose that toe tip. Almost looks like frost bite! It's definitely not getting anough blood supply! I dont see why you cant soak AFT's, if you can do it for leos, you can do it for Fattys. They actually need more humidity than leos, is his area humid enough?

tlbowling

Geck~OCD
It looks like this happens to this poor guy often, he is definately going to lose that toe tip. Almost looks like frost bite! It's definitely not getting anough blood supply! I dont see why you cant soak AFT's, if you can do it for leos, you can do it for Fattys. They actually need more humidity than leos, is his area humid enough?

PS I cant edit, but I meant enough (not anough), lol.

PaladinGirl

My first guess is a stuck band of shed that cut off the circulation of the toe. Looks pretty far gone too :( Same thing happened to my leo once but luckily I caught it before it turned black like that. It was more like a deep purple color. I soaked her feet in warm water for 15 minutes and just kept massaging her toe (hard to do on such tiny feet lol!).

Visit our friends