I'm so excited!!! I hit the SUPER RAPTOR!!!

Kangas Kritters

Everybody needs a Kritter
This has been the most fun gecko project I've ever worked on. On an earlier post back in June I posted that my Mack Snow 100% het RAPTOR/Eclipse pair provided me with a red-eyed Mack Snow RAPTOR on the first egg. Since then I have produced several Mack Snows, a Super Snow, a Mack Snow Tremper Albino, a RAPTOR and now on only the 8th egg I got a white, red-eyed Super RAPTOR. In the photo which was taken just moments after emerging from the egg, she appeared to have a translucent pinkish color to her (incubated for female). She is already darkening up into the white color I mentioned earlier. What's also cool about her is that her eyelids are purple, not blue like super snows. Again, probably will change a bit as she matures.

Since she was incubated to be a female, she'll be a perfect mate for the Mack Snow RAPTOR I hatched a few months ago. I know Tremper and Alberto have hatched Super RAPTOR's, but who else?

Thanks for looking and comments are welcome!
Charlton Kangas
Kangas Kritters

SaSobek

Congrats on the baby.
i hate to say this. but with the pair that was used the only way to know for sure of what it is, is to grow it up and test breed it. Ron thought he had a Super Raptor but when he breed it, it wasnt what he thought. the only way to know 100% for sure when it is born is to breed

mack eclipse(100% het raptor) or a mack raptor X mack eclipse (100% het raptor) or mack raptor.

basicaly both parents have to be showing the eye gean. het to het would mean that this gecko has a 1 out 4 chance to be what you hope for. im not saying it is or isnt. and i hope for you that it is. but that is why there is only one proven one in the world that i know of. because most people dont have the geckos to breed mack (eclipse/raptor) to mack (eclipse/ raptor).

again im not trying to be a downer. eather way it is a great baby to have. im just saying its not as easy as we sometimes think it is.

That is the bad part about the super snow Raptor and eclipse. the eyes from the super block out the eyes from the Eclipse/Raptor so you cant see it

the same thing will be true for the super nova. that is why the only way i can make it and know what it is 100% i have to breed dreamsickle to mack raptor.

im sure in the years to come geckos will be sold a super het Raptors that will actualy be super Raptors. but with out test breeding them some crosses we wont be able to sell them as super raptors because we wont know 100% for sure what it is because they kinda look the same.

again great baby i take my hat of to you and good luck with it. but im just trying to explain the reality of the Super Raptor. :main_thumbsup:

Halley

Matt is right, it has to be test breed for the eclipse eye gene, before anything can be confirmed.

Kangas Kritters

Everybody needs a Kritter
Proving her and the mack snow raptor out

In response to Matt's comments... I definately am looking forward to breeding this female with the Mack Snow RAPTOR male I produced a few months back and put their genetics to the test when they're old enough to breed. The only experience/knowledge I have of the "Super RAPTOR" is what I've read and what I've seen in my own breedings this year. I certainly am not an expert on this morph, but will have fun playing with it further next year and will hopefully learn more about them. If it matters, not only did I produce the parents of these two, but I produced the grandparents also so I can honetly say I know what their genetic make-up is.

P

Paco

Either way Charlton Congrats and good luck with the test breeding!!!

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
If it matters, not only did I produce the parents of these two, but I produced the grandparents also so I can honetly say I know what their genetic make-up is.
It matters! Many breeders can't even claim to know 3 generations of their gecko's genetics. I am thrilled for you, Charlton...don't let rain ruin your parade!

R

rvmaine

Hello ,

I have the same problem that you .

My couple Mack Albi Het Raptor x Mack Albi Het Raptor from Alberto gave me a beautifull female there was 5 days .

She is like a little pinky with a pure white and Red Eyes 100 % .
But The eye can change in the next week .. i must wait .

I hope it's a super raptor too but it 's not easy to tell .
I must test breeding too :=)
I will post pictures sooner .

ancpythons

Charlton,

Congrats and we all know that it’s a step by step process but your going in the right direction man and I really look forward to seeing future testing.:main_thumbsup:

Visit our friends