IS Fresh Results, deodorizing spray safe to use?

geckoqueen

I bought some Fresh Results deodorizing spray at Walmart. I bought it so when I clean out the glass cage, which is huge and I really have a hard time picking it up. It is hard to get the soap out. I use dish washing soap, then I use sponge, then I use the sponge to rise out the tank. I then use paper towels to wipe it dry. Anyway This is why I bought the spray, so I could spray the cage, wait 10 minutes, then wipe it down. Has anyone used this spray and is it safe?

It says it is safe to use for animals, but that does not mean it is because it says that on the bottle. Also if you get this on your hands does it cause a problem? Says safe for humans also. If this is not safe to use and no I have not used it yet, then how do I clean out a glass tank I can't get to the sink?

Mel&Keith

Mod Squad Member
I'm not familiar with that product but I use Natural Chemistry Healthy Habitat to clean my ferret's cage floor and litter box (as well as reptile habitats). You can pick it up at most chain pet stores.

robin

I'm not familiar with that product but I use Natural Chemistry Healthy Habitat to clean my ferret's cage floor and litter box (as well as reptile habitats). You can pick it up at most chain pet stores.

that stuff works great!

geckoqueen

I have another question. I bought 2 dwarf hamsters and they keep itching. There is no fur missing but they scratch themselves a lot. Is that normal? I read if your hamster has mites, or fleas you can use olive oil and or baking soda, does that work?

geckoqueen

Also my one hamster bad boy likes to bite my finger. I place my hand inside the cage and he runs over to my hand and bites it. If I move my finger around and try to pet him, sometimes he lets me pet him and other times I get the big bite. So I gave him a small wood toy bought for hamsters to chew on, it's made for hamsters. There go bite that bad boy but anyway he crawled up the wood stick, then bit my finger. LOL
I am sure glad I have gloves because one time bad boy went after the glove, if that would have been my bare hand that would have hurt bad.
I had to pick him up to remove him so I could clean the cage.
BEWARE I WILL BITE YOUR FINGERS OFF!!!
761298590_cc46ec9aa3.jpg

BEWARE I WILL BITE TO YOU BLEED!!!

Last edited:

Mel&Keith

Mod Squad Member
Aww, with that innocent face...I can't believe it! LOL

I don't know if it's safe for hamsters or not so you'll have to do some research but rosemary water is a natural pest repellent. You steep it in hot water like tea. We spray it on the dogs if they happen to pick up a flea outside. Maybe a really mild solution might work for fleas or mites on small mammals. I don't want to be responsible for suggesting something that kills your hamster so hopefully someone else can help you out!

Visit our friends