Is plastic good for geckos???

K

KiwiSF

I just purchased a 3-foot long semi-clear plastic container for my geckos from target. It was pointed out to me that toxic fumes coming from the plastic might harm the geckos. I thought this was unlikely, but what do you think?

Arconna

I've got most of mine in sterilites in my makeshift closet shoerack rack thingy. There's a definite plastic smell, but they don't seem harmed by anything. So I don't think there is much to worry about unless you notice something really strange about the plastic tub you found...like slime, or some sort of strange film over the plastic. Otherwise, don't worry about it :)

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
Ditto! I think 99% of breeders use plastic tubs in their racks, if there was a problem with them I think we would know.

N

Nastynotch

lol i feel like a ripped off bum.

i was told its not exactly the most proper thing to keep them in. the guy told me a tank... :-(

Arconna

Generally speaking, keeping them in a tank is a lot better since tanks are larger usually and well they look better :p. If you're keeping it as a pet, keep it in a tank, it's easy to see and such. But breeders tend to use sterilite tubs to conserve space.
Keeping it in a tank isn't bad, keeping it in a tub isn't bad. Just keeping it without the proper heat, etc. is bad...

N

Nastynotch

ooooooo

chyea i gotcha.

i didnt understand we were talking about breeding

Visit our friends