KSB Love.

Bones93

Well, as some of you know I work inside a petsmart sometime at a satellite location for our shelter. I worked yesterday and was leaving today, when she told me I had to see some new Leos that they got in because she thought of me when she saw them, well I was talking to her and then mention that the sand boa was still there and had been there its whole life... and then told me she would basically give her to me... well, needless to say now I have a KSB who I am completely in love with.

001-2.jpg

002-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

How do you sex them?

Bones93

Okay, just weighed h/s and at around 1 year old Reeces is 153g and a foot and a half long.

katie_

Wonder Reptiles
Males can get about 18" long some times, so I would recommend you take it to someone who can probe it for you.

Dimidiata

At that age and size, i wouldnt put off a female. I have a confirmed male KSB. Same color morph as yours. They really love that smaller shred aspen. A small ceramic dish with a little water seems to do them well also. Mine comes out to drink at night. Has it eaten any yet? I scented mines first mouse with the leos hide.

Bones93

Okay. I am using the shredded aspen and Reeses has a water dish, I need to get a larger one though. Do they soak themselves?

She/he has eaten already. =) A f/t fuzzie.

011-3.jpg

Vent photo.

Feeding photos:
023-3.jpg

021-1.jpg

015-3.jpg

018-2.jpg

Bones93

Okay, good to know. I am going to get a bit larger one and one that cannot or not as easily be knocked over.

SPboas

Well from what I have seen by the pic you posted it looks like a Female to me. Female have a much shorter tail from the vent. Also before breeding its you would have to give females are about 3 years old and around 300 grams in weight although I would recommend starting around 350 grams to start.

Have to say though that is a pretty nice Sand Boa. Also hope some of this info help. If you have any more questions let me know!

Visit our friends