"Larger" options, any suggestions?

GeckoStud

Fatty Fatty Boomballaty
Hello all, I recently acquired a large colony of dubia roaches for our masses of fat tails, leos, cresteds, and gargoyles. So far the roach colony is still in the starting stages and isn't a problem yet. I did however encounter a dilemma. The adult roaches are too large for 95+% of my geckos to eat. Now I am not over run with roaches yet but we all know how fast these guys reproduce so I decided to start looking into a "garbage disposal" that could take care of some of my extra adult dubias I would no longer need. This is where you guys come in.

I have considered beardies and blue tongues of course but was curious as to some of my other options. I am not looking to get something as large as a tegu or monitor however, and would like to keep it at about the size range of a large blue tongue or beardie but not necessarily one of those animals. So if anyone here has some suggestions for other lizards that would be large enough to easily handle some adult dubia roaches let me know! Thanks all.

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
Beardies are probably your best bet for that size range. There a couple of other more obscure options; Sudan Plated Lizards, adult male Tokay Geckos, "Land Mullet" skinks, and Cuban Anoles.

GeckoStud

Fatty Fatty Boomballaty
I've heard of mullet skinks before, if memory serves me right they are jet black right? I more than likely will be going with a beardie on this but figured I'd test the waters while I was at it. Thanks for all the suggestions everyone.

GeckoStud

Fatty Fatty Boomballaty
I reccomend a Blue Tongue.I just got one and he is awesome.Eats everything!

Yeah I was thinking about that. I had one when I was younger and he was totally awesome. I am leaning towards some kind of skink or possibly a beardie at this point. I may end up "baby sitting" one of my professor's beardies over summer so this may all be a moot point for now haha, but thanks all the same!

M_surinamensis

Shillelagh Law
Shinisaurus.

Because if you really have to get something to eat your too-big roaches, it may as well be something awesome.

Visit our friends