Meet "Sambandra"!!!

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
My birthday present from my husband arrived this morning! Meet 'Samba' (Cha Cha's future bride), a yearing female chondro from Greg Stephens at Arboreal Specialties. Her pedigree and bloodlines are amazing, and I can't wait for her to meet Cha Cha in a few years! This is a quick photo when I put her up, so I'll get some sunlight pics of her in a few days when she has settled in.

SAMBANDRA (Samba)

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
Thanks! She is much prettier in natural sunlight, but she is not very happy right now and I don't want to get 'tagged' on my first day with her taking photos. She hissed at me when I went in to check on her.

She is H-U-G-E... 182 grams and only 13 months old. She is way bigger than Cha-Cha was at the same age, and after reading all her feeding records, I can see why... Greg fed her every 4-5 days! She almost weighs a much as Cha-Cha and he is 2 years old. I know female chondros are much larger than males, but this girl is gonna be hefty!

Now I feel bad... did I not feed Cha Cha often enough? I was told NOT to let chondros over eat, so even when he was begging I let him wait for a 7-day feeding schedule.

N

Nigel4less

Very Nice! You sure she's not part Amazon Basin Emerald :main_laugh:

dprince

Mod Squad Member
You already KNOW what I think - wowza!!!!!!!!!!! :D

No, don't feel bad for feeding Cha Cha every 7 days. I'm re-reading The More Complete Condro, and Greg Maxwell's wise words of - when in doubt, feed less!! - ring true. ;)

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
Well, Samba is settling in better now. She spent the whole day yesterday on the floor in a haphazard position, and hissed every time I walked by. Today, she is perched, and her posture shows she is comfortable. She didn't hiss at me when I checked on her, so I'll feed her Sunday on the same schedule I have Cha Cha on. I'll get some better pics of her when she's Ok enough to be taken out in some natural light!

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
She's beautiful! What a great b-day gift! I'm hoping to own one in the future. They're definitely my favorite snake.:)

spykerherps

-sssSpyker ExoticSsss-
Congrats Marcia she is beautiful. I can't believe you own more snakes then me.:D had some in the past none right know. good luck with her. Put me on the reserve list for babies:main_laugh:

Visit our friends