My 2 thick tail hachlings

Yamori

Aussie Reptile Keeper
Hey Everyone,

Just now the breeder i have been talking to personaly deliverd two of the most precious, most beautiful thick taild geckos i have ever seen (i know im bias)

Im so happy, They just melt my heart.

I don't want to bother them just now but i will take some pictures of them tomorrow and post them here.
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Yamori

Aussie Reptile Keeper
Hey everyone,

pics will be coming soon. i went to take some just now and the batteries died :main_rolleyes:. they are reacharging now and will post some pics later.

I got up this morning and the first thing i did was open my breeder box full of speckled feeder roaches. grabbed a few(they were surprisingly soft and not as creepy feeling as i expected) i then put them in a small tupperware tub with repcal calcium and gave them a shake.

The rest is history lol. it was cool seeing them hunt together. the male got the first one and has been taking charge but then he seemd to let the female take one. they are now sitting together under a rock cave.

I love thick tailds!!:main_thumbsup:

P

PacHerp

Hey Darren! I'm excited that you enjoy the Milii as much as I do! ;) I can't wait to see the pics...

Yamori

Aussie Reptile Keeper
Hey,

Just gave the geckos a couple more roaches so its 5 in total today but they had trouble catching them this time. The roaches are now hiding under the paper towel:main_angry:. I think from now on ill put the roaches in the fridge for a wile to make it easy for my gex to catch them.

Another thing im a little worried about is the UTH. i leave it on all day but turn it off at night as i don't have a thermostat yet and it feels a little hot. its not as hot as the rocks outside that are heated by the sun so it should be ok. I wondered if it might be a little hot as ive only seen them go over there once. they stay on the cool side of the enclosure.

Now i am fairly new to this so any pointers would be appreciated.

I put the UV light on this morning for about half an hour or so. i know they are nocturnal so they do not really need it and i know bright lights can irritate their eyes so should i not put it on? or will it not do any harm either way? at night i put on a low wattage nocturnal light that simulates moonlight.

They seem to be doing well but hide on the cool side pretty much all the time untill feeding time that is. The male is exploring again and is now sitting on a rock, the female is still hiding.

I have taken one pic. i apoligize that it isnt very clear as the tank makes the pics look blury. the only way to get good clear pics is to take them out but i dont want to attempt it yet. i am expecting an order to arive next week and i have new items for the enclosure. then i will have to take them out to rearange so ill take lots of clear shots then.

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp292/kamarov/DSCN0128.jpg

Yamori

Aussie Reptile Keeper
Another update. After talking to mate and discussing a thew things i will now
keep the temps slightly below 27 C at all times and will only increase the temps in winter as they will still be growing.

Thicktails prefer it cooler. witch explains why my two hatchlings seldom venture to the side of the tank with the UTH. i shall be getting a dual location digital thermometer and a Microclimate Ministat 100 next week. until then ill be putting the Uth on only for about an hour then turn it off.

Yamori

Aussie Reptile Keeper
Just thought id update again,

My thicktails are doing great. they now spend most of their time on the warm side of the tank in their natural rock cave.
My only problem is finding a way to put the feeder roaches in there and stopping them from running and hiding under the paper. other than that all is good and plan to take some clear photos tomorrow.:main_thumbsup:

Yamori

Aussie Reptile Keeper
Here are more pics as promised. Sorry i couldn't get pics of both of them. Ami wouldn't let me pick her up, I didn't want to stress her out so i left her alone.

These are some pics of Mig-
http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp292/kamarov/DSCN0141.jpg
http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp292/kamarov/DSCN0138.jpg
http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp292/kamarov/DSCN0133.jpg

Mig has just finished shedding and Ami looks like shes just starting. Both are doing great and eating well. They still don't like being picked up but they will eventually get used to it. hopefully i will get some pics of Ami when i clean my tank again next week.

Last edited:

Visit our friends