my new girl Maia

mainelygeckos

yes a petstore buy but she is my pet. For those that have read my previous posts know of my concern regarding her possibly having been bred too young bcause she was housed with one male and 3 other females but she weighs 32 grams and eats great! She may just be ovulating. Went through a shed and still ate that night. Wanted to get some pics of her to show her off. Was told if she has ovulated or bred she has to be over 9 months old. She is in pretty good shape though doesn't use her moist hide. I think she has never had one as the petstore did not have one in there for them. In fact only had one hide for all 4 :( She is very content here though a bit skittish. Does love her warm hide and does come out in the evening to explore and eat. Tell me what you all think :D I just love her color and all h er spots! Check out that dark tail!

Last edited:

mainelygeckos

thanks :D and yes I think she will be less stressed too. She loves her repti carpet and all her mealies she eats every day. She has quite the appetite. She is getting more brave about exploring while we watch slowly but surely and is getting less jumpy with noises. I am feeling real good about her progress. She has deficated all the sand and now all is normal in that department too lol..thanks for the replies :)

mainelygeckos

Ok had Maia for 3 weeks now and she has gained more then 10 grams! now @ 42 grams she is getting a big belly. Was I right about posibly being gravid? Looks like she does have one egg in her and she now loves her moist hide! she sleeps in it a lot and digs a lot. I check every day for eggs so far nothing. I have heard they can be gravid up to 4 weeks especially for their first time. Her tail hasn't got any bigger in the 10 gram weight gain just her belly. Tail however has not gotten smaller either. She still eats a ton and everything else is all normal with her :)

Dang my camera is a kodak digital and no luck getting belly pics :(( but her belly hangs a bit if that helps?

Visit our friends