New Viv! :)

wakeskate420

I hate having empty tanks laying around so i decided to go ahead and decorate Alex's atrium for when he gets bigger. i still have two spots to fill, on the left under the feeding ledge and on the right side, i was thinking about putting a small magnatural hide away on each side. any maybe getting two of the small vines and twisting them together to put them in the middle on the viv for another branch/perch for him. (the substrate is eco-earth, all the plants are plastic and the aloe plant is soft foam) Any criticism or suggestions are encouraged!:main_thumbsup:

Daedric1

Awesome setup.

I've wanted to get one of these tanks off Pangea for future geckos, but haven't because I'm not sure about the bottom screen and how well it would work with substrate. I usually put a larger amount of substrate in there, up to a couple inches worth. That way, if they fall they have some extra padding on the bottom; they can also dig a little bit if they want to. I'm not sure how well that would work with this type of tank, though.

Your cresty should have a lot of fun in there once he's big enough. ;)

tlbowling

Geck~OCD
Awesome setup.

I've wanted to get one of these tanks off Pangea for future geckos, but haven't because I'm not sure about the bottom screen and how well it would work with substrate.
I bet you could just get a small peice of plexiglass and put it on the inside of the screen...just a quick thought, b/c they are a good price :)

wakeskate420

Thanks! And I actually just picked up a plexiglass sheet and put it against the front screen and its works and looks great! Plus the sheet was only $8 :) ill post some pics later!

Sent from my A70S using Tapatalk

wakeskate420

pics of the viv with the plexiglass sheet on bottom plus my new home made fogger :)
i just had lowes cut the piece to size and used black electrical tape to secure it on, and the fooger is just a humidifier with a tube stuck inside and sealed with silicone :main_thumbsup:

Northstar Herp

Rhacs and Uros, oh boy!!!
Nice setup man. I love to see people putting time and thought into their setups. I think you'll find the critters act differently in a setup like that, at least it's been my experience so far.

First, I've seen in mine that the fake vines are perfect to collect and hold the "dew", both for humidity and for drinking. Second, I use those ledges in mine too, and some of mine are a little too high in the cage, so it's a pain to see the CGD. (The bottom of my enclsoures are about four ft. off the ground, the tops 6'+. I would keep that in mind when situating the ledge.

How will you control the fogger? Manual, timer, your mind?

wakeskate420

Thanks everyone, as for the fogger it was more of just a being bored project. If i ever do use it to help with humidity i will definitely get a seconds timer, but it really was just something cool for me to setup, but for now its just something neat to show everyone :)

Sent from my A70S using Tapatalk

anbu

Awesome setup.

I've wanted to get one of these tanks off Pangea for future geckos, but haven't because I'm not sure about the bottom screen and how well it would work with substrate. I usually put a larger amount of substrate in there, up to a couple inches worth. That way, if they fall they have some extra padding on the bottom; they can also dig a little bit if they want to. I'm not sure how well that would work with this type of tank, though.

Your cresty should have a lot of fun in there once he's big enough. ;)
i have the same enclosure and a little bit of substrate comes out but nothing note worthy. unless you keep the cage on the very very edge of the shelf and you have white carpet :main_laugh: