Not eat for 3 months!! What shall I do??

Audrey

I have a female giant. It seldom ate during her pregnancy. And it stopped eating at all after it lay 2 eggs for the 1st time about a month ago. Oh, by the way, her pregnancy lasted for 70 days ! !

It still doesn't eat at all. What shall I do?! It looks so weak and I am afraid it's dying... Anyone has any idea please please advise!

strigoii

Eublephanatic
take her to a herp-vet
if you are not able to do this, so I have a few questions for you -
1. What type of prey is she offered?
2. What did her eggs look like?
3. Did you give her some supplements?
4. Have you tried force-feeding?
5. What temperatures is she having?

Audrey

Hey strigoii, thanks for asking!

1. What type of prey is she offered?
I feed her with crickets all the time and it's fine wit it before! Actually I feed the other 6 geckos with crickets as well and they are all very healthy!

2. What did her eggs look like?
The eggs are not fertilized!

3. Did you give her some supplements?
nope...

4. Have you tried force-feeding?
Yes, I have tried. It had normal excretion but not much digested.

5. What temperatures is she having?
The temperature is about 30-32 centigrade, and humidity is about 60-70

strigoii

Eublephanatic
Leave her at 26-28C for a day (hope you keep her alone) give her pure calcium lactate (or gluconate) in a dish (or better put some directly on her nose - so she can lick it), do NOT force feed her again - yet). Then - don't offer her crickets - offer her another food - roches, or supers. write the results

M

-_Mindless Destruction_-

Try giving her a pinkie. You want to thaw it in a bag under hot water first and then get a pair of tongs and let her lick it until she gets used to it. Then if she eats it, feed her one every 3 days. I had to do this with my boi, but the first time I pushed him until he finally ate it. He is getting healthier every day, so I hopes this works for you.

Visit our friends