Opinions

justindh1

So I guess I am just disappointed about how the forums has been lately. Most of the people who made this forum fun and exciting have pretty much disappeared or don't log on much at all. I know we can never go back to the time we enjoyed most but I believe that something needs to be done. GF seems to be going in a direction I don't want to see it going. The majority of people now like to find the one thing that could be wrong with someone and point it out or who repeatedly say the same thing the person before them posted without acknowledging that what they said had already been stated. It seems that lately all you see is the same people posting over and over and over the same malarkey. I guess I just am getting tired of how others treat one another just because of different opinions. There is a old saying that there is more than one way to skin a cat. Well, a majority of the time this will come into play but we have become a race who can't tolerate opinions that are different than ours. We will argue till our brains hurt and keep on just because we cannot swallow our pride and accept others for who they are. Sometimes there are right and wrong answers but many times there aren't.

I am a part of GF because I love what I do and like to talk with others who enjoy the same things. I am not a part of GF to make myself feel better or to interrogation others about how wrong they are or how they don't add up to who I am. I know that I have been a douche on occasion and there are some who don't care for me but most of the time I will stand behind what I say. For those of you whom I have gone over board on, I am sorry! I am not perfect and don't expect others to be as well. Mistakes are gonna happen and by god I have made my share. We need to be more accepting of others and appreciate the diversity of ideas just like we all appreciate the diversity of genetics in leopard geckos. We may not like all morphs 100% but we all can find something we appreciate about them.

That's all I want to say. It's my rant and if you don't agree then it is fine. I appreciate who I am. Not just the correct things I have done but the mistakes I have made. They all make me whom I am today.

It is better to be high-spirited even though one makes more mistakes, than to be narrow-minded and all too prudent.
Vincent Van Gogh

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
I agree that it's changed a lot in the past two years. I'm not really sure what we can do to get it back the way it was.

justindh1

I agree that it's changed a lot in the past two years. I'm not really sure what we can do to get it back the way it was.

I think it starts with the thread that your posted earlier. We need to get more moderators that have a pride in keeping this site operating effectively and keeping people in line. There are some great mods but it seems just as many that aren't active members of the site anymore. It should start with the top of the top and continue down the chain. When I first joined, I got infractions for things that I see go by the wayside all the time. I may not of liked it back then but I see why it was necessary. I wonder how many mods there are and how many of them are active members.

Visit our friends