PETA to hold nude demonstration in Fort Lauderdale

JordanAng420

Well guys, I know where I'LL be tommorow....
And I have the sudden urge to be a VERY naughty little girl. :evil::evil::evil:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/bro...,4374889.story

Members of PETA will stage a nude demonstration on Las Olas Boulevard Thursday afternoon.

The demonstrators will be nude and lay on large trays wrapped in cellophane and marked carrying signs reading "meat is murder." The group aims to convey its message that all "when you eat meat, you are eating a corpse," according to a press release from the group.

The demonstrators will also hand out flier encouraging passersby to become vegan.

The event will take place Dec. 10 at noon at East Las Olas Boulevard and Southeast Eighth Avenue.

Srt14292

Est; 1992
Haha give 'um a good kicking for me!
Or just wrap them in a roll of duct tape, teach them to lay down in cling film.

robin

oh lord i could just imagine my self there LOL "hey lady cover up that thing! there are children and small animals around!"

i would be laughing so hard haha

spykerherps

-sssSpyker ExoticSsss-
Oh PETA
seems like they are going against evolution we as a human race are designed to eat meat and veggies. we have evolved to become omnivores. Period. If vegans choice not to eat meat or anything from a living creature that's fine with me. That's their choice, but don't try and push your way on someone else and tell them their choice is bad or wrong.

What will they think of next.

Ratman667

So, showing up with a BBQ and a bunch of steaks would be a no-no?

Seriously though, I'm all for standing up for what you believe in. You just have to know when enough is enough.

snowgyre

when you eat meat, you are eating a corpse
Um, yes? So? When's the last time these PETA members shed a tear for the birds, reptiles, amphibians, and mammals that are displaced due to inefficient organic farming that requires a tremendous land area to produce the same amount of food as genetically engineered crops? Never. I do far less damage eating wild game that I kill, gut, skin, and butcher myself, but PETA thinks I'm Satan incarnate. Oh, I like beef too, but I have to agree with the vegans that we're a meat addicted society.

Beh, PETA has about as much credibility as the Humane Society. Zero. They're still saying that frog dissections are causing amphibian declines worldwide and yet never mention habitat loss, fragmentation, degradation, and diseases such as chytridiomycosis.

erik

Gecko Newbie
Has anyone ever calculated the implications for the world's ecosystem if the whole of humanity decided to leave all animals be?

As a creationist I believe that God created us to eat animals as well as fruit and veg and thusly (haha) made us an important part of the food chain...however I am opposed to mass production of meat. I'd love for people to get back to their roots more and hunt for it themselves as Vanessa describes, how epic would that be!

Maia, have fun and PLEASE take pictures :)

JordanAng420

What happened to indecent exposure? Or have these freaks just been arrested so many times they just don't give a flying ferret?

Yamori

Aussie Reptile Keeper
Oh PETA
seems like they are going against evolution we as a human race are designed to eat meat and veggies. we have evolved to become omnivores. Period. If vegans choice not to eat meat or anything from a living creature that's fine with me. That's their choice, but don't try and push your way on someone else and tell them their choice is bad or wrong.

What will they think of next.
Well said :main_thumbsup:

We as humans are meant to and infact need to eat meat. Have you met or known vegetarians and vegans? always looking pail, thin, sick.

If you want to deprive yourself, go ahead but dont preach and try to push your crazy beleifs on to everyone else.

LOL i think it would be great if somone organized sausage sizzle or BBQ at this demonstration.

Personaly i eat chicken, beef, lamb and even kangaroo. Kangaroo steaks are pretty much the most nutritious meat you can buy, very lean and high in protein.

Just my 2 c -

Darren

Khrysty

Well said :main_thumbsup:

We as humans are meant to and infact need to eat meat. Have you met or known vegetarians and vegans? always looking pail, thin, sick.

If you want to deprive yourself, go ahead but dont preach and try to push your crazy beleifs on to everyone else.

LOL i think it would be great if somone organized sausage sizzle or BBQ at this demonstration.

Personaly i eat chicken, beef, lamb and even kangaroo. Kangaroo steaks are pretty much the most nutritious meat you can buy, very lean and high in protein.

Just my 2 c -

Darren
So..I've been following this thread. Personally, I think PETA gives vegetarians, vegans, etc. a really bad name. We're not all psycho, I promise.

As for your comment that all of us look pale, thin, and sick. That's just not true. I've been a vegetarian for a couple years now. I'm not thin (5'5,' 160lbs), not pale or anemic. Basically, what I'm saying is that I'm a vegetarian and I'm a healthy person. It's all about properly balancing your food intake--making sure you get enough vitamins and proteins.

We evolved so that we COULD eat meat but we are capable of surviving, no, thriving, without it. It's all about proper balance. And for those of you who do eat meat (everyone involved in this thread, it seems), that's great. That's your choice, just like it's my choice not to eat it. Just please don't lump us all into one crazy, sick category, k? It's not nice...

JaZ

I'm Argentine!!! Steak is my life. Everyday. We call steak meat and everything else gets its own classification.:banana::yes:

Yamori

Aussie Reptile Keeper
So..I've been following this thread. Personally, I think PETA gives vegetarians, vegans, etc. a really bad name. We're not all psycho, I promise.

As for your comment that all of us look pale, thin, and sick. That's just not true. I've been a vegetarian for a couple years now. I'm not thin (5'5,' 160lbs), not pale or anemic. Basically, what I'm saying is that I'm a vegetarian and I'm a healthy person. It's all about properly balancing your food intake--making sure you get enough vitamins and proteins.

We evolved so that we COULD eat meat but we are capable of surviving, no, thriving, without it. It's all about proper balance. And for those of you who do eat meat (everyone involved in this thread, it seems), that's great. That's your choice, just like it's my choice not to eat it. Just please don't lump us all into one crazy, sick category, k? It's not nice...

Fair enough, like i said it is your choice. For the most part all vegeterians/vegans ive met did look very, how should i put it... frail. It wouldnt be fair to put all vegeterians/vegans in to the same pile so to speak so i aploigize if i offended you. Not everyone falls under the extremist catagory although PETA would definately fit the bill lol but saying all vegeterians/vegans are like that is like saying all Russians are communists or all religious types are whackos, its simply not true.

As humans we are all diffferent, have different beleifs and opinions. At the end of the day youve got to do what makes you happy and not worry about what other people think.

I eat 8 meals a day, take tonnes of supplements and work out 6 days a week. This is my life and i love it but over the years i have been called a juice head, steroid user, gym junkie and a weirdo, lol i really couldnt give a .... what other people think.

Peace-

Darren

Last edited:

BGalloway

Ummm, of course meat is a corpse...who would want to eat a cow (or other critter) while it was still kicking, you could get hurt :p! And let me tell you, medium well corpse is particularly delicious when you raised it yourself and know it was loved and well cared for every day of its life.
As for the meat vs vegetarian vs vegan thing...I couldn't care less as long as people are making educated decisions, like knowing where their meat comes from or what they need to eat in a meat or animal product free diet to stay healthy.