Pictures with the 40D

sushikam

~Louisiana Leos~
Finally had a chance to go out and take some pictures with my new camera and new lens(es)!

I didn't get too many good shots, but have played around with a few that I liked and thought I would share :). I know they aren't the best, but I'm still learning :D!

Enjoy! (Hope they aren't too big for your monitors)

sunsetcopy.jpg

IMG_0897.jpg

IMG_09232.jpg

IMG_0979.jpg

IMG_1002.jpg

fallen_angel

Fallen Angel's Geckos
WOW Kristin!!! Those are some very amazing photos, looks like the camera is going to be great for you!! Your pics really make me just hate AZ that much more LOL because we don't have scenery like that around here

sushikam

~Louisiana Leos~
Thanks everyone, I had a lot of fun taking the pictures :)!

Oh I love the one with the swamp-walk. Brings back so many memories (mostly good, though a bit smelly).

Haha, well it wasn't smelly while I was out there, but once you got a little ways back the mosquitos got pretty bad. Forgot that we had such annoying mosquitos! Were you from around the area? These were taken in Manchac.

WOW Kristin!!! Those are some very amazing photos, looks like the camera is going to be great for you!! Your pics really make me just hate AZ that much more LOL because we don't have scenery like that around here

Thanks Jess! I really didn't think I did too good with them, but they are better than I've taken in the past, so I can't complain! I'm loving the new camera, though I think the lens is what made the images better than what my old lens could do.

We really don't have a lot of scenery as far as I'm usuallly concerned, but around the area where these were shot is about the best I can get. I didn't even know that swamp area was there until we fell upon it!

Bellalee

:) They are amazing pictures... you know why.. not because of the camera but because you found the scenery and postioned the camera just that way.. A great picture takes you and makes you feel like you are right there.. and you can.. yes learning all that photo stuff is good.. but like I said.. it's all about you..

A+ great job!

sushikam

~Louisiana Leos~
Thanks so much Jess, Anne, and Leon!

:) They are amazing pictures... you know why.. not because of the camera but because you found the scenery and postioned the camera just that way.. A great picture takes you and makes you feel like you are right there.. and you can.. yes learning all that photo stuff is good.. but like I said.. it's all about you..

A+ great job!

Thanks so much! I agree it's not all about the camera or gear (though partially it is), I just get to the point where sometimes I feel like I can't figure it all out to get the picture to look just like I want it to, or it just turns out wrong when I get home to look at it on the computer and then I get frustrated, lol. But thank you so much for the encouragement!

Alusdra

No, your angles are great! Very professional and show off the landscape to full advantage. The swamp walks I went on were in Virginia and Maryland, not so far down south. But I guess a swamp's a swamp. Your comment about the mosquitoes brought up even more memories... those ones heavily repressed. Now I might have nightmares... lol.

sushikam

~Louisiana Leos~
No, your angles are great! Very professional and show off the landscape to full advantage. The swamp walks I went on were in Virginia and Maryland, not so far down south. But I guess a swamp's a swamp. Your comment about the mosquitoes brought up even more memories... those ones heavily repressed. Now I might have nightmares... lol.

Sorry! Hope you don't have too bad of nightmares :p!

Loving the first and last shots! What lenses did you get?

Thanks! The lens used for all but the egret shot is the Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 and then the other lens is the 70-200mm f/4 lens. I finally have a bit of a rounded out collection as far as focal ranges (I also have a 50mm f/1.8, and that's all I had for a year!).

Still learning how to make the most of these lenses, but it's so much more fun than it was with just my fixed 50mm!

Select Gex

Sorry! Hope you don't have too bad of nightmares :p!

Thanks! The lens used for all but the egret shot is the Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 and then the other lens is the 70-200mm f/4 lens. I finally have a bit of a rounded out collection as far as focal ranges (I also have a 50mm f/1.8, and that's all I had for a year!).

Still learning how to make the most of these lenses, but it's so much more fun than it was with just my fixed 50mm!

I need your advice on what to buy next! I have an XTi with a kit lens and 30mm.

P

PacHerp

Totally rockin' pics, Kristin... i'm thrilled that you were finally able to get that 40D you'd been wanting so much. :) enjoy it! I wish I had one... maybe i'll upgrade soon... ;0

sushikam

~Louisiana Leos~
I need your advice on what to buy next! I have an XTi with a kit lens and 30mm.

Well Matt, I'll be glad to help, but I'm sure not an expert on the stuff :)! But seriously, if you do want some form of an opinion I will be more than willing to try and help!

sushikam

~Louisiana Leos~
Totally rockin' pics, Kristin... i'm thrilled that you were finally able to get that 40D you'd been wanting so much. :) enjoy it! I wish I had one... maybe i'll upgrade soon... ;0

Thanks Brittney! I haven't talked to you in a while girl, I need to get on here more often ;)!

I am definitely thrilled about the new camera, found a good deal on it and just had to grab it! I can't wait til I go on my vacation to TN in a few weeks to get some real scenic shots :D!

Visit our friends