Question about humidity loss, infertile eggs and egg candling!

hikki

Hello,

My eggs are being incubated for 5days. I weighted the vermiculite box when setting it, total was 105g. Today i checked and it was only 90g or so. Everday i see many water drop on the roof, i make them fall by slightly turning the leaning the box left/right.

I would've never guessed humidity loss was so high then.Making the water drops fall could cause this? Anyways, i've added water so it's 105g again, i tried candling the eggs, i see some red lines (veins) but otherwise eggs are still yellowish...

I incubate them @29C° or so. What do you think? Finally, i wanted to know, in the case a female carry infertile eggs, will she loss less weight than if they're good or it's the same? Will those eggs weight (much) less?

Thanks.

katie_

Wonder Reptiles
What media are you using?
I have never once had to add more water to my mixture and I use vermiculite.

Eggs will weigh the same if fertile or infertile as the embryo starts developing after the egg is layed. She'll lose the same amount of weight.

hikki

I do not use the incubator method, my box in not in a container. About infertile eggs, well that's strange. My HY female (which is supposed to make infertile eggs) is about to lay and her tail didn't get thinner like my SHT...

katie_

Wonder Reptiles
With my crested geckos, I dont use an incubator either. Im just trying to help you...

They all lose weight differently.

Visit our friends